Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Fix Up



The calendar says it's Friday so it must be time for my "Kick it up" feature! Today I chose a much loved card to kick up. This is a card that I originally CASED from the SU catty or SCS or somewhere...I don't actually remember but I know I didn't come up with the original design. I have used this card at many workshops. I do a lot of workshops for Girl Scout Troops and this card has always been a fun one for the girls! It doesn't show in the picture but the Happy Birthday sentiment is stamped randomly on the orange card. I still like the basic design and layout of this card but it looks a little plain to me so I decided to kick it up to this:

What did I do? Well, the main thing that is different is that I added layers to every element of the card. I changed the purple to pink because I think they look better together and I chose to color the images in marker instead of pencil which makes them pop a little more. I also dry embossed the orange front panel through with the Happy Birthday embossing folder. The embossing folders didn't even exist when I first made this card!
The stamps are a retired SU set. I used White, Summer Sun, Orange, and Pixie Pink card stock. I have fallen in love with this card all over again and need to make some more of these to have on hand!
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, but your "kick it Up" card is even greater.

Unknown said...

I surfed through your site this morning and every card that I came upon was just awesome. I am just starting out in card making and I have to say that I have gained some inspiration from your blog.

patty
www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

Rochelle W said...

Very cute. I love these colors together.