Saturday, February 21, 2009

Coloring Kinkade



The challenge today for the Thomas Kinkade Blitz is to either make a Thomas Kinkade card with embossing or to make one using your favorite way to color.  My favorite way to color Kinkade's is with prisma color pencils.  I love the way they look with copics but I haven't mastered coloring these images with the copics yet....
Many people are intimidated to color the Thomas Kinkade images.  It's not as tough as it looks.  There are a lot of great tutorials in the CHF forums if you need help.  I will show you a quick tutorial now:

First I stamped the Hometown Pride image on simply smooth white prism cardstock.
 I colored all the white spaces with a very light yellow prisma color pencil.
 
I highlighted the brighter areas with a brighter yellow pencil and used a brown pencil to color the tree trunks.
Finally, I used green pencils for the grass, bushes and leaves and various different colors for the flowers, the house, and the flag.

Finally, I used blending stumps and oderless mineral spirits to blend the colors and put my card together!  Here's the final project.
 
I hope this helped to take away some of the fear in coloring these beautiful images.  
I know you can do it!!!!
Can't wait to see yours!

No comments: