Sunday, August 22, 2010

Birthday Mellie

Happy Sunday!

It is officially football season at our house!!!

NO, I am not a fan of football but my hubby is and during football season I can spend all day and night on Sunday in my craft room (Monday nights too!) and he doesn't gripe at all. So from now until January if you need me that's where I'll be!!!

My daughter is leaving for her first year of college in a few weeks and asked me for some cards to take with her to send to friends and family while she's away. I bought this box of cards at Michael's with my 40% off coupon and am working on making some quick, simple, and relatively flat cards.



As my regular readers know I travel a few times a month for work and spend the time waiting in airport terminals, flying on the plane, and hanging in my hotel room coloring images. I had a few of these adorable Mellie's colored so I made some birthday cards for the box.

Mellie is available as a digi or in red rubber from In Style Stamps.


I am keeping these cards pretty simple because I want to be sure that she won't have to add additional postage. Also, I know many of these cards will be going to 18 and 19 year old college students and they will probably end up in the circular file soon after receipt so I didn't waste my embelishments on them!

I have a bunch of images colored and will be throwing cards together for this box in my spare time! I'll share more with you as I make them!
In Style Stamps is having a scavenger hunt going on until Tonight (Sunday) at 8 PM EST. Check it out here. We'd love you to play along!

Kristine

1 comment:

Robin McK said...

Awww, Mellie is so sweet Kristine! Love how you've showcased her in all those different colours!