Sunday, November 13, 2011

Warren & Friends Ornament

Have you met 
Warren and Friends yet???

They are the most adorable images from Craftworkcards for The Rubber Cafe!  For last weeks  Rubber Cafe Blog ornament challenge I made a fun paper ornament that features four of the new images.


To make this ornament I die cut four Spellbinders scallop edged circles out of dark red cardstock.  Then I stamped four different images 
on die cut circles of Pugnacious White paper.   I colored the images with Copic markers.


I covered each of the image panels with paper Mod Podge and sprinkled a little bit of  Diamond Cool Clear Highlight Glitter over the top.  Then I followed with one more coat of Mod Podge to seal the glitter and strengthen the panel. 


I folded the dark red panels in half and glued the sides together to make two halves of the ornament.

 Before gluing the two halves together I gathered up some gold chord and glued it to one half before gluing the two halves together to create the ornament base. (I hope that makes sense!)


Here's a closer look at one side of the completed ornament.


Here's another view.


It was hard to get a good picture of the ornament but hopefully you get the general idea and after looking at all the design team samples last week I hope you are full of inspiration to make some wonderful ornaments on your own!


No comments: