Friday, February 24, 2012

Through a Window

Happy Friday! 

I hope you have had a great week and are headed toward a fabulous weekend.

I have a fun card that uses the masking technique to share with you today.  I made today's project for today's post on The Rubber Cafe Blog.

Do you recognize that Cypress Scene outside the window?  It's the same tree I used on this card last week but used in a whole new way.



The window and the sentiment are from the Through the Window set.  New to masking?  I took a few pictures while I was making this card to walk you through the steps.

To begin with I stamped the window image on  a piece of Pugnacious Signature White card stock and again on a post it note with Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink.


I cut  the windows out of the frame.

And then I lay the "mask" over the image that I had stamped on the white card stock.
I then inked up my  Cypress Scene  stamp with the black ink and stamped it over the mask in the window.


When you remove the mask you are left with this image.


I colored with copic markers and trimed around the edge of the window before completing the card.  Everything was adhered with Scrap Happy Glue.


These window stamps are so versatile...you can turn the outdoors into any season you want!

Need more inspiration?
Michelle used this set to create a winter window card.
Lisa made this card with some pine trees.

That's it for now!  I hope you enjoyed my project and get a chance to try some masking when you are stamping this weekend!




3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card! Also, thanks for showing how you did this. So pretty.
Lynn

Kristie Maynard said...

Now is that a gorgeous card or what?!?! Love it, great technique! TFS!

Creative Mayhem said...

What a great card! This tutorial answers so many questions for me as I've never tried a masking technique. Thanks for the great tutorial!