Friday, March 9, 2012

Inspirational Frame

Happy Friday!

I hope it's been a great week for you and that you have some fun planned for the upcoming weekend!
I hope to get some time to do some stamping...and I hope you do too!

Today I have a fun altered frame to share with you.  The frame is yellow and green because that is the colors of our High School and I made it to hold one of my daughters graduation pictures.


I started with one of these wood frames from Michael's.  They cost close to $1 but you'd never know it after you spend a little time altering them!  I painted the frame with yellow acrylic paint and let it dry.  



Then I stamped the Words of Inspiration by The Rubber Cafe, using VersaMark ink and embossed the words with green embossing powder.  I repeated this step until the whole frame was covered.  If you mess up and your words stamp crookedly just wipe that part off-cover with a thin coat of paint-allow to dry and stamp again!  No one will ever know you messed up! (Guess how I know this little hint...)



I wrapped a green gross-grain ribbn around the lower portion of the frame and used a Spellbinders label die for the year.  The numbers are some old stickers I've had in my stash forever!  It's all held in place with some Scrap Happy Glue.


Here's a closer look at the flowers.  The flourishes were cut with. QuickKutz Antique Flourish dies. 



I hope this frame gave you some inspiration!  You will love the Words of Inspiration stamp.  It's great for graduation, wedding, and even patriotic projects!  

Have a terrific weekend!

No comments: