Friday, May 25, 2012

Harmony, Balance, Strength

Happy Friday!

I hope you have had a terrific week and are looking forward to a wonderful weekend!

Here in the states it's a three day weekend.  We are going to go visit some family for part of the holiday weekend but I am going to stamp all day on Monday!

Before I leave I do have a quick card to show you.
I think the sunshine in California has been affecting my stamping because I have been all about the bright fun colors this week and this card is no different!


All the images are from the Asian Flower set by The Rubber Cafe.
I stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black Die ink and colored with Copic Markers.

The black flourish bling was not a part of my original design plan but look what happened!!!


See that black smudge near the tail of the dragonfly?  I have no idea how that happened but I noticed it as I was putting the card together.  There is just NO WAY I was going to start over so I started going through my stash looking for a way to cover it.  
NOTE:  White out doesn't work!  Trust me, I've tried it!

I show you this just to let you know that we all mess up, smear things, drop ink pads, etc.  Part of the fun of creating for me is figuring out a way to fix those mistakes.

I think the card actually turned out better because of the flourish I had to add to cover the smudge!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: