Friday, July 20, 2012

Birthday Preserves

Happy Friday!

Kristine here with another birthday card.  I've been working on my stash because there has been a rash of birthdays in my family lately.  The  Fruit Medley set from The Rubber Cafe is one of my go to sets for birthday cards.  



I usually color this image in bright fun colors but I decided to pair it with this darker patterned paper so I had to go with darker tones.  I think I like it better in these colors!

I also paper pieced the lid with the same patterned paper on the card...something I always do with this image because I LOVE how it looks.



I used Scrap Happy glue to glue on the lace.
First I ran a strip of glue across the card and set it aside to dry.  When the glue strip dried it is still tacky and works great for attaching strips of material.


I usually have pre-made strips for adding ribbon and lace to cards but I was out so I did it this way and it worked great!

I hope you enjoyed today's project!
Have a great weekend!





No comments: