Monday, February 18, 2013

Thomas Kinkade: Spectrum Technique Tutorial

Today I wanted to share another fun way to use your Thomas Kinkade Stamps with out all the complicated coloring.  This is the Spectrum Technique.


For this technique you can use a Kaleidoscope ink pad.  The one in the picture is an old Stampin' up pad but they are available other places and are by Tsukineko.  I didn't want to use the colors in my Kaleidoscope pad so I used my colorbox pad. 

You'll also need a roller for this technique.


Ink the roller up with ink.  I used the bottom four colors for my card. 
then roll the ink on to the stamp.


Lay the paper panel on top of the stamp and lightly rub across the paper to transfer the image.


This is what the image looked like when I lifted it up.


I trimmed the image down and made my card.


Here's another card I made.
I inked up my roller using the top four colors on the clearsnap pad for this one.

Stamps:
Light of Peace
Make a Wish Cottage
Script Essential Expressions
Fall Harvest 
Ink:
Colorbox stamps by Clearsnap
Paper:
Mohawk Smooth white
Bazzill Basic Cardstock
Other:
EK Success border punch
Spellbinders dies 

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!

Kristine

3 comments:

StampOwl said...

Gorgeous cards as always Kristine :)

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful cards,Thanks for the tutorial...

Melinda Gleissner said...

Wow, these are stunning. Thanks for the detailed instructions.