Friday, June 14, 2013

Fantasy Pendant

I have been playing with EnviroTex jewelry resin and clay the last few weeks and am in love with this product!

Today I have another pendant that I created to share with you that I created with Woman on Moon from The Rubber Cafe.


I started by mixing my Jewelry Clay.
It's a really easy process of taking equal amounts of the two compounds and squishing them together until they are evenly mixed.

I then rolled the clay out flat on my craft mat.

I stamped my image into the clay with Stazon ink and then trimmed it to a size that would fit in my Spellbinders Media Mixage Bezel


After pressing the clay firmly into the Bezel I painted it with Perfect Pearls Powder.

I don't remember where I got the gold star charm but you can find something similar in the jewelry isle of any craft store.  I pressed the charm into the clay and then I sprinkled Stampendous Champagne Crushed Glass Glitter along the edge of the Bezel and pressed it into the clay with my finger.


You can continue to work with the clay for the first 2 hours and it's easy to press things into it.  Beads, bangles, glitter and more will be permanently held in place when the clay is cured.

At this point I set the Bezel aside for 24 hours to let it cure.
I decided to paint a layer of Resin on the pendant give it a glossy finish. 

Here is a closer look at the finished pendant.


I hope you enjoyed today's jewelry project!  
I will be back soon with another one and I'd love to hear what you think of this one!


Supplies:
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe' - Woman on Moon
Inks: Black Stazon Ink by Tsukineko, Ranger Perfect Pearls
Adhesives: EnviroTex Jewelry Resin and Jewelry Clay
Embellishments:  Stampendous Champagne Crushed Glass Glitter

No comments: