Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Mermaid

Are you in a beachy mood like me?

Must be the 100 degree plus weather we've been having in California the week.

All the hot weather inspired this summery card that I have for you today.


To make this card I started by spraying a piece of white Pugnacious signature Paper with a mixture of coffee and water and set it aside to dry.  
Next I stamped the Mermaid Scene with Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink and colored it with Copic markers.  Then I back the panel with a slightly larger dark blue panel.

To create the background on the side panel I Stamped Sea Shells on a light blue cardstock panel with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Royal Blue Tinsel embossing powder from the Encrusted jewel Blue Kit.


After I put the card together I sprinkled
Royal Blue Glass Glitter, Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel, Royal Blue Tinsel, Silver Halo Glitter Mix, and Powder Blue Color Fragments all over the bottom of the card and heated it from underneath until it all melted together.


Here's a closer look at all that yummy embossing....


The twine is May Arts and the Anchor is a Recollections Brad from Michael's.


Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you enjoyed my card!


1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

WOW!Beautiful card!Love the stamp,Great coloring!!!