Sunday, September 8, 2013

Best Witches

I am so excited to be sharing the first of several projects that I made using the new Creative Cafe Kit of the Month!
Did you order yours yet?  If not, you should hurry and do it because you will love it!

I have been having a blast making sample cards with my kit.  Here is the first one that I made.

Everything you see on this card comes with the Creative Cafe kit except the border punch, ink and adhesive.
To make this card I started by cutting a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of striped patterned paper.  I backed the patterned paper panel with a 4" x 5 1/4" orange panel.  I tied the purple and orange ribbon around the panel before adhering it to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" purple card with Scrap Happy Glue.


Here's a little closer look at that bow because I just love the way it looks!


For the main panel I stamped the cut little witches shoes five times on a 2" x 5 1/2" white panel.  I colored the boots with colored pencils.  I backed the image panel with a slightly larger green panel.  Then I punched the bottom edge of a black panel with an EK success border punch and adhered the witches shoes panel to the black panel.  I adhered this panel to the card front with Scrap Happy Glue.


For the sentiment panel, I stamped the circle, the sentiment, and the star with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I punched out the circle with a Spellbinders circle die.  Then I backed the sentiment circle with a die cut scallop edge black circle.  I adhered the panel to the card with Foam Squares.  And for the final touch I added a Black Nightfall Rhinestone from the kit to the center of the star.

Here's another look at the completed card.

I hope you enjoyed my project today.  Check back all month because the team will be sharing many more great projects that you can make with the Creative Cafe Kit of the Month!


Supplies:
Cardstock, Ribbon, Stamps, and bling are all from the October  Creative Cafe Kit of the Month from The Rubber Cafe
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Adhesive:  Foam Squares and Scrap Happy Glue
Punches/Dies: Spellbinders circle & Scallop Circle dies, EK Success Border punch
Other: Prisma Color pencils

No comments: