Sunday, January 18, 2015

Shaker/Easel Card

Happy Sunday!


Today I have another shaker card that I made with this months amazing Rubber Cafe' January Cafe Kit!  This kit comes with a great stamp set called "One Day at a Time".  The patterned paper is a 6 x 6 pad, True Friend by Fancy Pants and Melissa included  Acetate sheets and matching sequins which just screamed out SHAKER CARD to me!!!  I also used the add on stamp set "Believe" for today's card!



For my second shaker card I decided to mix it up a little and create a Shaker/Easel card combination card!




To create the card base I folded an 11" x 4 1/4" piece of dark brown cardstock in half.

Then I folded the front panel in half again.



For the front of the card....the patterned paper panels are each 2 1/2" x 4".  The colored cardstock behind them are slightly larger at 2 3/8" x 4 1/8".  I adhered them to the front of the card with Scrap Happy Glue.




For the inside I cut a 2 1/2" x 4" piece of patterned paper and backed it with a 2 3/8" x 4 1/8" piece of light brown cardstock.  Then I adhered the panel to the card with 3D Foam Squares.




Popping the inside panel up with 3D Foam Squares allows the easel card to sit up as shown in the picture below.




I stamped the sentiment on the chalk tape with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then I stuck it to the inside panel and glued the red sequins on with Scrap Happy Glue.




I stamped the outside sentiment on a die cut orange panel with Memento Black Tuxedo Ink; and then adhered it to the top front of the card with Scrap Happy Glue.  I glued two black sequins on to the label.




For the shaker panel I die cut out the largest Scallop edge circle from the Classic scallop circle nestabilities set from Spellbinders.  The circle is 2 sizes smaller.  I ran it through my big shot exactly as shown.




I die cut a white circle using the largest circle from the classic circle die set from Spellbinders.

I stamped the balloon girl on the panel with Memento Black Tuxedo Ink and colored her.  I used copic markers but you can color her with any coloring medium you wish.  I glued on a few random sequins with Scrap Happy Glue and allowed it to dry.



I forgot to take a picture of it but I cut a circle from the acetate that comes with the kit with the largest classic circle die and glued it to the yellow scallop panel.


I added Scotch foam tape and sprinkled in a few sequins.




Then I removed the paper from the foam and pressed the stamped image panel to the foam tape to create the shaker panel.




I glued the shaker panel to the card front with Scrap Happy Glue.  Only glue the portion that is on the lower panel so that it can still fold into the easel.


Here is another view of it when it is open.





I hope you enjoyed my second shaker card.  Like what you see?  Stop by the Rubber Cafe' Blog to see even more great inspiration using this months kit of the month!







Supplies:
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe'-Creative Cafe' KOTM: It's a New Year
"One Day at a Time" and the add on set "Believe"

Paper:  Fancy Pants True Friends paper pad and Bazzil Cardstock, and acetate from the Creative Cafe' Kit-It's a New Year
Ink:   Memento Black Tuxedo Ink and VersaMark Ink by Tsukineko;  Copic Marker (E50-E51-E93-BG10-BG11-BG13-Y00-Y35-Y38-YR00YR65-YR68-E44-E43-E42-YR09)
Adhesives: The Rubber Cafe'-Scrap Happy Glue; Scotch Foam Tape, 3D Foam Squares
Embellishments:  Fancy Pants Designs Sequins and Pinking edge chalk tape from the'-Creative Cafe' KOTM: It's a New Year
Other: Spellbinders Classic circle and scallop circle dies, white embossing powder

No comments: