Sunday, January 11, 2015

TRC: January Kit of the Month

I am so excited to share the first card that I made with this months amazing Rubber Cafe' January Cafe Kit!  This kit comes with a great stamp set called "One Day at a Time".  The patterned paper is a 6 x 6 pad, True Friend by Fancy Pants and Melissa included  Acetate sheets and matching sequins which just screamed out SHAKER CARD to me!!!

So....here is my shaker card that I made with this months kit.




I started by folding an 11" x 4 1/4" piece of orange cardstock in half to create a top folding A2 card.




I adhered a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of dark brown cardstock to the front of the card with Scrap Happy Glue.




I cut the polka dot panel to 5 1/8" x 3 7/8".  The two patterned paper strips are each 1" wide and the dark brown strips behind them are 11/8" wide. I adhered them to the panel with Scrap Happy Glue.




Then I adhered the panel above to the card with Scrap Happy Glue.





To create the shaker panel I die cut a piece of dark brown paper with a scallop edge circle die from Spellbinders.  The circle die is two sizes smaller.  I ran it through my machine exactly like the picture shows.




I then cut a white circle panel and a acetate circle panel with the circle die that fits between the two dies pictured above.  I stamped the sentiment on the white panel off the the left side with  Memento Black Tuxedo Ink.




I glued the acetate circle to the dark brown scallop circle with Scrap Happy Glue and allow it to dry.



Adhere two sided foam tape to the panel.




Glue a few of the sequins to the white panel with Scrap Happy Glue.




Add sequins to the shaker panel.




Remove the foam tape backing and stick the sentiment panel to the tape.  When you flip it over it will look like this.  




Adhere the shaker panel to the card with Scrap Happy Glue.




Then I stamped the balloon girl on white cardstock with Memento Black Tuxedo Ink and colored with copic markers.  You can use whatever coloring medium you want of course!  I cut her out.




Then I adhered her to the card front using Scrap Happy Glue and 3D Foam Squares.




For the finishing touch I glued more sequins to the front of the card.




I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!  Shaker cards can seem a little scary but hopefully this helped break it down for you.  Try it!  It takes a little time but the results are so FUN!  Check the Rubber Cafe' Blog to see more great projects using this months Rubber Cafe' January Cafe Kit! 





Supplies:
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe'-Creative Cafe' KOTM: It's a New Year
One Day at a Time 

Paper:  Fancy Pants True Friends paper pad and Bazzil Cardstock, and acetate from the Creative Cafe' Kit-It's a New Year
Ink:   Memento Black Tuxedo Ink; Copic Marker (E50-E51-E93-BG10-BG11-BG13-Y00-Y35-Y38-YR00YR65-YR68-E44-E43-E42-YR09)
Adhesives: The Rubber Cafe'-Scrap Happy Glue; Scotch Foam Tape, 3D Foam Squares
Embellishments:  Fancy Pants Designs Sequins from the'-Creative Cafe' KOTM: It's a New Year
Other: Spellbinders Classic circle and scallop circle dies

No comments: