Sunday, May 10, 2015

See The World

Today I have my second card that I made with this months Creative Cafe kit of the month from The Rubber Cafe'!  

This months kit is all about Travel and combines My Mind' Eye- 6x6 pad hello world! with their very own exclusive stamp set, Grand Adventure.  We think you'll be very inspired!   
The kit is called Going Places, and along with the coordinating set, we have a special add-on set; called  So Many Places  you won't want to miss either. 

As always the design team has created lots of great projects with their kits to inspire you.

Don't fall down from shock...but I didn't make a fun fold card this week.
I decided to have a little fun using the embossing folder that comes with this months kit.

Here's the card I came up with using the Embos Resist Technique..



To create this card I started by rolling Memento Nautical Blue dye ink on to the smooth side of the inside of the embossing folder with a brayer.


Then I put a white panel of cardstock inside the folder and ran it through my Big Shot.


When I opened the folder up the white panel looked like this.


I die cut a smaller panel out of the embossed panel.



I adhered the outside frame to a blue top folding card.
I backed the other panel with a slightly larger blue panel.


I stamped the map on a white panel with the blue ink and trimmed around the image.
I backed the stamped panel with a slightly larger blue panel and adhered it to the embossed panel with 3D Foam Squares.


Tie twine from the kit around the panels and then adhere to the card base with 3D Foam Squares.


Finish off the card with the embellishment from the kit that says "Travel, see the world".


This is such a fun card and an impressive technique and I hope you'll give it a try!



I hope you enjoyed today's Emboss Resist Card.
Stop by often because the rest of the team will be sharing lots more amazing inspiration all month long!
Supplies: 
Stamps: Creative Cafe' Kit of the Month-Going Places- "Grand Adventure" and "So Many Places"
Paper:  Creative Cafe' Kit of the Month-Bazzil Cardstock
Ink: Memento Nautical Blue Dye ink
Embellishments: twine and puffy sticker from the Creative Cafe' Kit of the Month-Going Places
Other: Spellbinder dies,  Scrap Happy Glue

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanted so much to pin this, but, I couldn't figure out how!
This was something I wanted to learn.

Colleen said...

Unknown; there are many places here that show you how to this technique.
https://www.google.com/search?q=inking+embossing+folders+techniques&source=hp&ei=QQFdZMr1PL2mqtsP8s2L0Ac&iflsig=AOEireoAAAAAZF0PUqmCcYF4uftRL9RAtc6UnBSa7qIg&oq=Inking+embossing+folders&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYATIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMggIABCKBRCGAzoOCAAQjwEQ6gIQjAMQ5QI6DgguEI8BEOoCEIwDEOUCOgsIABCABBCxAxCDAToOCC4QgAQQsQMQxwEQ0QM6DgguEIAEELEDEIMBENQCOggILhCABBCxAzoLCC4QgAQQxwEQ0QM6CwguEIoFELEDEIMBOgsILhDHARDRAxCABDoRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQ0QM6CwgAEIoFELEDEIMBOggIABCABBCxAzoLCC4QgAQQxwEQrwE6CwguEIAEELEDENQCOhEILhCABBCxAxDHARDRAxDUAjoICC4QsQMQgAQ6DQguEIAEELEDEIMBEAo6BwgAEIAEEAo6DQgAEIAEELEDEEYQ-QE6BQguEIAEOg0IABCABBCxAxCDARAKOgYIABAWEB46CAgAEBYQHhAPOgoIABAWEB4QDxAKOgUIIRCgAToHCAAQDRCABFDnLlilqAFggr8BaAJwAHgAgAGUAYgB8Q6SAQQyNi4ymAEAoAEBsAEK&sclient=gws-wiz