Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Gina K Challenge

Gina K invited everyone to play along with her desing team challenge this month. It was a color challenge. You had to use at least two out of the five new luxury card stock colors that she released this month and one of the new release stamps. Luckily, I just placed an order last week when I saw the new release so I was able to play. I made three different cards for the challenge.

The first one uses stamps from "Hang in There". I found some Basic Grey Origins paper that used the creme de menthe and lemon drop colors and came up with this.
For the second card I used the new "Lovely Labels" set. I die cut the main image with my Nestabilities label die which is slightly larger than the image and left the white framing around the edges. Then I used a small circle die to punch out the center, sponged the edges and popped it up a little with pop dots when I put the card together. I had a strip of Basic Grey patterned paper laying on my table which had the lovely lavender and innocent pink colors in it so that was the jumping off point for this card.

FinallyI got the "Inside and Out" set free with my order because I bought three other sets so I used it for this card. Again, this one was inspired by the Basic Grey Lilly Kate paper which had the Creme de Menthe, Lemon Drop, and Ocean Mist colors in it.I hope you've enjoyed peeking at my creations and are inspired to go check out these great new stamps! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Kristine

2 comments:

Jennifer Roach said...

Very nice Kristine. Good luck!!

I just ordered my first Gina K stamps and cardstock on the weekend. I'm looking forward to my label stamps for sure!!

stampqueen said...

Love all 3 cards - the frog is very cute (he is the main resoan I got that set :) and the pruple card is just stunning (course I am addicted to purple...)