Monday, October 18, 2010

Trash to Treasure

Happy Monday All!!!
It's my turn to do the Method Monday Post over on the In Style Stamps blog.
EDIT: It looks like Taylor decided to move the ISS Method Monday post to next week so it wouldn't clash with preview week so this is a little teaser of whats to come next Monday!
In the meantime you can check out all the previews of the new releases this week on the ISS blog. ENJOY!!!

I thought it would be fun to share some ideas on how to reuse some items you might normally throw away. I love turning "trash" into "treasure" and my family has been well trained to stop before throwing away anything that could possibly be use in my craft room. They always come to me to see if I can use a can or bottle before it hits the trash!

This is the case that my son's i-pod came in a couple of Christmas ago.

I took the paper out of the inside and used it as a template to cut out the pink paper for the inside and then I decorated it with Bday Chloe for a terrific gift card holder.


Here's a view of the front.

Here's a side view. I like the way you can see the gift card inside.

Here it is open.

This project is just a little teaser...I've got five projects on the In Style Stamps blog so be sure and go check those out! I'd love to hear your feedback on them!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

Kristine

3 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

Love what you did...I love reusing and this is a great sample!

Anneke said...

This is great!
And so fun :)
Hugs Anneke

Janelle Stollfus said...

Too cute! I think this is fabulous and how many times can you use that again, so cool.