Thursday, October 13, 2011

Halloween Treat Bag

Where's my Treat???

I just know that's what my dog is thinking on Halloween night!  
Poor Dogs!  
Kids keep knocking at the door and they keep getting in trouble for barking....there is a bowl full of goodies that get given out to the kids but the poor dog gets nothing.

So, for this weeks Rubber Cafe challenge to make a treat I thought I would make a little treat bag for my doggy.  I cased the bag idea from my stamping pal Lacey Stephens.


I just LOVE this set, "Where's my Treat Labrador" by The Rubber Cafe  Here's why...


Yep...that's my labbie, Jadie!  She would love this little bag of treats and I'm sure your dog or a dog of a friend or neighbor would love it too!

The overall measurements of the bag is 4" High x 4" Wide x 1.75" Deep

To make the bag:
* 1 piece of 5.5" x 12" cardstock for the base
* 2 pieces 1.5" x 3.75" stamped card stock or patterned paper (to decorate the sides)
* 2 pieces 3.75" x 3.75" stamped card stock or patterned paper (to decorate the front and back)
*1 piece 1" x 10" card stock for the handle
*1 piece 10" ribbon or rick rack (optional) for the handle
~ 5 brads
~ 1 stamped and colored image


Score your 5.5" x 12" card stock at:
1.75", 5.75", 7.5" and 11.5" along the long 12" side of your card stock.
Turn it to the side and score at 1.5".
Then cut the lines below the last score line

Decorate your panels.  I stamped "You Need to Dust"  and the sentiment in versamark ink and embossed with Aged Black Embossing Powder.  
Then adhere the decorated panels to the bag base.



Add the brads and the labrador image to the front before assembling it.


Use a strong adhesive like The One and Only tape to assemble your box.

After you assemble the bag attach the handle to the bag with brads.  I adhered orange rick rack to the handle with Scrap Happy glue before attaching it to the bag.



Your quick, easy, and fun treat bag is completed!


I hope your enjoyed my project and are inspired to try it yourself!

Have a great rest of the week and stop by again soon!

Kristine

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is just the cutest thing ever!!! LOVE IT! So precious with the little dog on it.
Lynn

Sandy said...

Very cute, I hope your dog appreciates his little treat bag, Love the image and thanks for the tute too.
Sandy