Sunday, November 6, 2011

Altered Frame

Hi All!

Last week the Rubber Cafe design team shared some altered home pieces.  One of my favorite things to alter is frames so I thought I would share a frame I altered for displaying a picture of my daughter and her friends from Halloween when they dressed up as the seven dwarfs.

I bet you have a few cute pictures from last Monday night that would look great in an altered frame like this!


I started with a cheap frame I bought at the $1 spot at Target.


I cut a piece of black card stock one inch larger than the frame.  I drew a rough sketch of where the picture would be and then stamped You Need to Dust, and Classic Halloween in VersaMark ink and embossed with Shabby White embossing powder.


I applied Scrap Happy Glue to the front of the frame and placed the stamped paper over the top.


Then I cut out the center and wrap it around the back side of the frame.


Here's what the back side looks like when it's all glued down.


I tied a ribbon around one side of the frame before putting the picture in and finishing the frame.


I stamped these kids from the Trick or Treat set on Pugnacious signature white paper, colored them with Copic Markers, and then cut them out before adhering them to the front of the frame.


Here's my finished project again!


I hope you had a terrific weekend and appreciate you stopping by!

Have a great week and stop by again soon!



No comments: