Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Box of Cards

Happy Sunday!

I hope your weekend is off to a fabulous start!  Do you have a little stamping time scheduled?  I hope so!  A little stamping time is just enough to make today's fun project!

I made this for a gift for the one guy I work with.  I always give the ladies in my department a box full of different cards and last year he made a comment that he sends cards too...so I decided to make a more masculine set of cards for him.

I gave him this box with two of each card but when I took these pictures I only had one of each done but I think you get the idea!


Here's a look at the four colors.
I used Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Black Soot, and Antique Linen Distress ink on these.


I had a package of felt ribbon that has been collecting dust and they matched perfectly with some of my Ranger Distress Inks.  I Made each card by stamping a white card stock panel with The Roaring 20's Placard and then used a sponge to add ink to the edges and front of the panel.  I used Scrap Happy Glue to adhere the stamped panel to the coordinating card front and then added the felt ribbon and a couple of random large brads I had in my stash.


To make the box you'll need two pieces of card stock cut to 7 1/8" x 7 3/4".
Hopefully my lines and numbers below make sense to you!


Basically, as you can see in this picture, you are making two sides of a box with out a lid.



Use Scrap Happy glue to put it together.  I love this glue because it stays tacky and movable for a little bit so you can get everything together just right but once it's dry it holds really well!

Here it is with the two sides put together.

The lid is approximately 4" x 5".  You can use any punch around the edges or just leave it plain.



Here's a look at the box all closed up.  I just added a panel like the card fronts and a ribbon to the top.


Did you see that The Rubber Cafe is looking for more people to join the design team?
Check out the info here!

The Deadline is January 20th.  I hope you'll give it a shot!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: