Friday, June 28, 2013

Fran•táge Flag

The forth of July will be here before you know it so I thought I'd make a patriotic themed card for you today!

I made this one using Framed Flag and Fabulous Phrases from The Rubber Cafe.

This Framed Flag image is perfect for any patriotic occasion.


To create the start background I used my gelatos and a Cuttlebug embossing folder.
I covered one side of the folder with Blueberry Glelato.
Then I lightly sprayed with water and while it was still damp I placed a piece of Pugnacious Signature Paper-white in the folder and embossed it.


This is what the paper looked like when I took it out of the folder.



Here's a look at the Flag card before it became a Fran•táge Flag card.
It's a nice card but I thought it needed a little more "bam".


These kits are awesome because they come with everything you need to create a fabulous Fran•táge effect on your creations.

The Fran•táge Encrusted Jewel Blue Kit comes with Royal Blue embossing tinsel, Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel, Royal Blue Glass Glitter, Silver Halo Glitter, and Powder Blue Fragments.

The colors are listed on the side and a cool thing is that you can peel the side panel off and cut it apart to stick on your bottles!


When you Fran•táge with all these cool enamels, glass glitters, and fragments you do it differently that traditional embossing.  First, you don't need to stamp image or use any kind of ink or adhesive.

I simply sprinkled some Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel on the card.  Then I sprinkled some Royal Blue Tinsel on top.  Then I sprinkled some Halo glitter and glass glitter on the card.

NOTE: Heat from underneath to melt everything together. 
If you try to heat from the top you will blow all the fabulous powders and glitters right off your card!


Adding all the yummy embossing is just that perfect something to finish off your cards!




I hope you enjoyed today's card.  I'll be back soon with more Fran•táge Fun!


 
Supplies:
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe' - Framed Flag and Fabulous Phrases
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black dye inkCopic Markers
Papers: Pugnacious Signature Paper-white, Recollections Blue and Red
Adhesives: The Rubber Cafe'- Scrap Happy Glue
Embellishments:Really Reasonable Ribbon, Fran•táge Encrusted Jewel Blue Kit, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Faber-Castell Blueberry Glelato
Tools/Dies: heat tool


No comments: