Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fall Trees

I have  two more fall cards for your inspiration.  By now you know how terrific the October Creative Cafe Kit of the Monthis.  Have you checked out the Add-On stamp set-Fall Traditions?
It will just add to your fall fun!

I used all the goodies from this months Creative Cafe Kit of the Month as well as the Fall Traditions stamp set for the two cards I am sharing with you today.


To make the background I started with a 3 1/2" x 4" panel of cream cardstock.
I stamped the words from both of this months stamp sets in various colors of memento ink.


For the tree panel I stamped the tree from the add on stamp set on a cream cardstock panel with Memento Rich Cocoa dye ink.


Then I randomly stamped leaves from the Fall Traditions add on set  with Memento-Cantelope, Tangelo, Bamboo Leaves, and Rich Cocoa ink.  I continued to do this until the tree was covered and then drew in some grass at the base of the tree with my copic markers.


For the card base, I backed my background panel with a slightly larger green panel and adhered it to a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" top folding orange card with Scrap Happy Glue.  I wrapped a piece of green rayon ribbon and a piec of burgundy rayon ribbon around the card.  I am "thrifty" with my ribbon so you can see how I save on length by taping the ends down with scotch tape.  It might not seem like much of a savings but if I can save an inch or two on each card I save enough for one or two extra cards.

I stamped the sentiment on a wood label that comes with the Creative Cafe Kit of the Month  and adhered it and two sequins to the card with Scrap Happy Glue.


For the main panel I cut my tree image out with a Spellbinder's classic oval dye and backed it with a green scallop edge oval and a brown scallop edge oval before adhering the entire panel to the card.


Here's one last look at this card.


This is the second card that I made using this months Creative Cafe Kit of the Month and the add on stamp set-Fall Traditions.


To make this card I started by adhering 5 different pieces of patterned paper to a 5.25" x 4" green panel. The pieces of patterned paper measure 4" x 2.75".


I stamped the sentiment on the bottom panel with Memento Olive Grove Dye ink.


For the next step I used my sewing machine to zig-zag stich around all the pieces of patterned paper.


To create the tree panel I stamped the tree with Rich Cocoa dye ink on a 4" x 2.75" cream panel.  
I created grass with Copic Markers.  
I sponged Brushed Corduroy distress ink around the edges of the panel and then backed the panel with a slightly larger brown panel.  
I punched two slots in the panel for my ribbon to go through.


This months kit comes with a bunch of awesome wood buttons.
For this card I decided to color my button with a copic marker.  It worked great!


Then I tied a piece of green rayon ribbon through the button holes.





Finally, I put everything together!
I ran green ribbon through the tree panel and around the entire green panel.
Then I adhered the panel to a 5.5" x 4.25" top folding orange card with Scrap Happy Glue.
The final touch was to glue the button on to the card with a dollop of Scrap Happy Glue.


Here is a final look at this card.


I hope you enjoyed this card and that you have been enjoying all the great design team creations this month!  There is still more to come so check back soon!


Supplies:
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe' -Creative Cafe Kit of the Month- Fall Harvest
Paper: The Rubber Cafe' -Creative Cafe Kit of the Month- Fall Harvest
Embellishments: Twine; Queen & Co. Pearls-included in Creative Cafe Kit of the Month 
Other: Spellbinders Classic Circle Die

No comments: