Sunday, June 29, 2014

Keep on Truckin'

Happy Sunday!

Today I have a  fun easel card to share with you!  
I made it with the June Creative Cafe' Kit - Let's Hear It For The Boys.  This is a terrific kit for all those "DAD" cards  and today I used it for a fun easel birthday card.


Here's how it looks when it's standing up open.


Here's how it look closed up and ready to go in an envelope.


I started with a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" panel of cardstock.
I scored it at 4 1/4" and at 2 1/8"

Then I adhered a 2" x 4 1/8" patterned paper panel to the lower portion with Scrap Happy Glue.


Here's a folded view of the same panel.


Next, I tied a piece of green ribbon around the card base.


I stamped the truck image with Memento  Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic Markers.  Then I backed it with a larger panel of blue patterned paper and then a large die cut burgundy panel.


I adhered the truck panel and adhered it to the card with Scrap Happy Glue
NOTE: Only use glue on the lower portion of the image so it is not glued down above the fold of the card.

Final touch on the front is to create the sentiment piece and adhere to the card with a brad from the kit.


For the inside I adhere a 2" x 4 1/8" panel of white cardstock to the bottom inside of the card with Scrap Happy Glue.  Stamp sentiment with blue ink.
And finally...add the two brads in the corner to help hold the easel in place when open.



I hope you enjoyed my card today!
The Rubber Cafe' design team has been sharing amazing projects all month long and next months kit is going to be a blast!

Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies:
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe' - Creative Cafe' kit Let's Hear it for the Boys
Ink:  Memento  Tuxedo Black and Nautical Blue; copic markers
Adhesives: Scrap Happy Glue
Embellishments:  brads from the kit
Tools/Punches:  Spellbinder Dies



No comments: