Sunday, August 3, 2014

TRC Triple Layer Birthday Card

Happy Sunday!  Today I have my first card using the Rubber Cafe'  August Creative Cafe' Kit of the Month, Gold-n-Glitz.  For today's Triple Layer Card I used the "Flower Bouquet" stamp set that comes with this months kit as well as the add on kit, "Laurels".



To cut out the black frames for today's card I die cut all three at one time with my Spellbinder dies as shown in the picture. You could cut them with a paper trimmer if you don't have these dies.




I die cut three white panels one size smaller than each of the black frames and layered them on top of each other.




Then I randomly stamp a flower image with Memento Tuxedo Black die ink.




I cut a flower out of a post it note and used it to mask the flowers when I stamped the leaves.




This is how it looked when I finished stamping.




And this is how it looked when I finished coloring it.  I used Copic Markers (YS91-YG95-YG99-R20-R21-R22-R24)


After coloring, I separated the three panels and backed each of them with a black frame.




I adhered a pink panel to a black card and then added the framed floral panels popping up each layer with 3D adhesive.  I tied ribbon around the card.  I dotted Scrap Happy glue randomly on the card and sprinkled gold glitter on the card as shown.




When the glue dried I shook off the excess glitter and added the sentiment panel.




Here is a view that shows the popped up layers a little better.



I'm not sure if the pictures do this card justice...it's really cool in real life!  I hope you enjoyed  today's tutorial.  Make sure you stop by The Rubber Cafe' Blog later this month.  The rest of the design team is dreaming up lots more amazing inspiration for you!





Supplies:
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe' - August Creative Cafe' kit-Flower Bouquet and the Add-On Set - "Laurels"
Paper:  The Rubber Cafe' - August Creative Cafe' kit  
Ink:  Memento  Tuxedo Black, copic markers
Adhesives: Scrap Happy Glue
Embellishments: August Creative Cafe' kit ribbon and glitter
Other: Spellbinder's Dies

2 comments:

Aileen said...

W O W Truly beautiful. Love the colours you chose. This is the best triple layer I have seen in some time. Beautifully done.

Nounoumade said...

Superbe ! bravo ! ! !