Friday, October 17, 2014

And now we hop!!!


SANDY Claus is Coming to Town!

Yes...SANDY Claus! All of this week, the Stampendous and Dreamweaver teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers fromCore'dinations. We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of funCore'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week. 
Here is what you might win:


Here's my project for our final day:
I made a fun box perfect for gift giving.
It's the perfect size to put a small present in and put under the tree for a special recipient!


For today's project I started with a cardboard box from Hobby Lobby.
I painted it with Deco Art Acrylic Paint and let it dry.



When dry, I stenciled Rain onto the top of the box with Pearlescent Embossing Paste.




I stenciled one Southwest Snowflake on each side of the box.



Then I die cut Leafless Tree out of Core'dinations Cardstock.  I sanded the tree to make it snowy.
Then I stamped, colored and cut out Jumbo Cling Rubber Snowman Woodland and adhered it to the box.



I created the "snow" with "snow"....Spoonful of Snow embossing powder and elements!



The final touch was to add the little critters that come with Jumbo Cling Rubber Snowman Woodland



One final view!



Thanks for hopping with us today!

Leave a comment for me, and head to the next on the list:
Dreamweaver:
*On Stampendous team as well

Core'dinations:
(will not be posting on their company blog, but individual posts only)

Head on over to the Stampendous blog for links to their posts:

33 comments:

Unknown said...

The rain stencil makes the perfect background. Love all the dimension added to this simple little gift box.

Jackie PN said...

OH my gosh! Kristine! Your little box is just adorable!! What a great idea to put a little something in for the maillady! Thanks for the tut!!

P Beatty said...

What a beautiful box! I would love to receive a gift in this.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the altered box with wonderful snowy Snowman scene. Like the detail.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Laura S Reading said...

This is such ana dorable project! I love your choice of colors, the added snow, and the bunnies are like frosting on the cake!

TangledBlueRose said...

Gorgeous box! I love the colors and makeover!
~kim

Sarah Stainback said...

What a great way to use those stamps and stencils.
Beautiful box!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my, but this is such a cute project. Great details with the silver rain/snow, and I love that you have embellished EVERY side. WOW!

Anonymous said...

Plain Jane becomes Glorious Jane.
Love the way the rain is coming down.
thanks for sharing a beautiful project.

Janice K said...

An adorable box that it a gift in itself.x

Janis said...

Adorable little box!!! Love that you put the snowflakes on the sides, too!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Miriam Prantner said...

Adorable box! Love all the stenciling and those cute images!

barbara macaskill said...

What a gorgeous box!! I love all the stenciled embossing and the images are colored beautifully! I love how realistic the tree is thanks to the Coredinations paper! Somebody is going to treasure this wonderful gift box! TFS!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Awww... such a darling little box, Kristine. Love the stencils you used :)

CraftyJo said...

What a great little keepsake box - love it :)

Teresa said...

This is so cute , love the rain and the glittery snow x

Diane said...

Oh how I love altered things and this is fabulous...so adorable and sweet!!

Unknown said...

What? that is the cutest thing I've ever seen. That was made out of pure love. Great job.

Barbara said...

Opps I think I hit the delete button. Love love your idea.

Denise Bryant said...

Fun project! Love the colors and textures. Awesome combination of products to make this sweet box!

Unknown said...

I love the little bunnies! The sleet is just great!

Sue D said...

Very cute. I like the stenciled rain and snowflakes.
Sue in Ohio

Anonymous said...

Love this. It would make a great gift box!

Julia said...

The rain stencil makes a beautiful background. The snowman is gorgeous. Love this box.

Robin B. said...

Super cute holiday box! I love the snowman, thanks for sharing.

craftymom205 said...

Absolutely love this project.

Unknown said...

Love this Snowman Box...I collect Snowmen!!

Lieve said...

What a beautiful box ! A present on its own !
I love the
detail that the hat of the snowman is just sticking out a little.

Con said...

Adorable box! I especially like the bunnies :D

Cindy Groh said...

Very cute box. Someone will feel very special when they receive this gift.

Heather said...

That is just beautiful, I love all the texture to it!! Great box!

Katie said...

Love the snow stenciled and with embossing powder. Cute snowman and bunnies!! Great project. Thank you for sharing.

Katie B.

Stampendous said...

Wow! This is incredible. The coloring is beautiful, the embossed snow, trees and snowflakes look amazing. It's gorgeous, Kristine! Thank you for sharing with us!