Monday, March 30, 2015

Because you are my Sister

Happy Monday!

I hope you had a great weekend!
I got to have a little stamping time which has been hard to find lately so it was a good weekend for me.

I made this fun Easel card with one of the adorable House Mouse Designs, Painting Pals from Stampendous.

I used the Spectrum Aqua Markers from Crafters Companion to color the image.


To create this card I started with an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" purple panel of cardstock and I scored it at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4".


I dry embossed a purple and a green panel of Core'dinations cardstock with a Darice embossing folder and sanded the panel to make the flowers stand out.

I backed the two embossed panels with slightly larger purple panels and then adhered them to the card.


On the inside of the card I created a sentiment panel and adhered it to the lower inside portion of the card with 3D foam so it is raised a little bit.


This is how it looked at this point when folded on the score lines.

I stamped my image on Watercolor paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then used the Spectrum Aqua Markers to color it.  It's the first time I've used these markers.  I need a little more practice but I really like the watercolor look!

I cut the image out leaving the paint brushes "out of the box".
I backed the image with cardstock and adhered it to the green portion of the card.


This is how it looks when it's folded up on display at this point.




Then I added the sentiment to the front panel.




Both sentiments are from the Sisters Perfectly clear stamps from Stampendous.



The Stampendous Design Team ladies will be sharing their Artsy Projects created with Spectrum Noir color all week so be sure and stop by these blogs:

 Stampendous Blog

Thanks for stopping by!

Kristine

42 comments:

Stampendous said...

Oh this is just the sweetest card and a great image for a sisters theme! Thank you for sharing your Stampendous and Spectrum Aqua today!

jcobb said...

I love the sentiment...so perfect for my own sister! The coloring is great and I love the way you adhered the image panel at an angle. Great card.

Unknown said...

I love this easel card...how cute. It can be displayed and enjoyed for a long time!! Love it wow !!!! TFS

Joan V said...

Hehehe, this sentiment is fantastic. Love your easel card. Beautiful colors and the texture on you mice is cool. Must try. Thanks for sharing.

D.Ann C said...

Sooo sweet! I need to do more sanding... Lovely! Thanks for the reminder!!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love easel cards. Like how the section with the stamping is off-center.
thanks for sharing a cute card

VanessaB said...

awwww. that's so sweet! great card!

The Peacock said...

What a beautiful card. I do not have a sister but I wish I did so I could make her one of these.

GinaF said...

What an adorable card! Perfect for my sister and I! Thanks also for giving the tutorial on making this card. Every tip helps us newbies!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great tutorial! catisi@aol.com

Karen Petitt said...

I am in love with that stamp! Another beautiful card too and I love the colours you have used so much! Thank you for the blog hop and awesome inspiration Karen

MOI said...

Beautiful card. You did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for showing how you scored your card. I live easel cards but am intimidated by them. I have all of the spectrum noir alcohol markers, but have never tried the watercolor pens. First I've heard of them. Great job.

barbara macaskill said...

What a gorgeous card! LOVE how the paintbrushes and cover are hanging off the page! Great easel card and a delightful image! TFS!

GinaF said...

Love this card! The coloring is gorgeous, and the sentiment is perfect for my sister and I! TFS

cghundley said...

Very pretty easel
card and great colors!
Carla from Utah

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

Love these mice. Easel cards are one of my favorites so I really like this one. Only wish I had a sister (or brother for that matter!) so I could use this. I guess I could alter to make it a friend card? The verses are too cute.

Snoopy said...

Wow! I love the watercolor effect you were able to get with those markers. So striking!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Pammejo said...

Beautiful easel card...love the stamp and your coloring is fabulous. TFS

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Fantastic card. I love the sentiment. Cracks me up. Your coloring is amazing. TFS

Ina Good said...

Love your coloring so vibrant on this adorable house mouse image

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

This is fabulous. Love the colours and , of course, the sentiment.

Betty said...

I love your card. I am 84 and that is just the card I would send to MY sister. thanks for the beautiful coloring.

Viki Banaszak said...

LOL! I need those stamps! So funny!

Alison said...

Love the brushes sticking up off the card, and the texture. Very sweet!

Sue from Oregon said...

Love this pretty lavender and green creation!

P Beatty said...

So cute! Love the little mice.

Amy Martin said...

What a great card. Love all your details and the sentiment is so cute. I really need that sentiment to send to my sisters. haha. Very cute image and your did great coloring it.

Brandi R said...

FUN card with an adorable image!! Thank you for sharing...it's fabulous ♥

Mariah said...

Thanks for sharing your detailed instructions and work of art. It is very inspiring.

Lieve said...

Beautiful card ! What a great idea that pensils and the cap of the painttube stick out of the card. Great, funny sentiment !
Thanks for the tutorial.

Sue D said...

Fun sentiment and great coloring.

Christine said...

Stunning colouring ..I havnt tried water colours yet on these cute adorable stamps..great design 7 colours great card.

smiles Christine x

Cathy said...

I love the vibrant colors of your card. I am new to Spectrum Noir so I am loving this hop already. Loving all the cards and the coloring and shading. I have a house mouse stamping list and the girls and I have been talking about trying Spectrum Noir. We have used the "other" brand. I am getting excited to try my Spectrum Noir, I only have the oranges and the black/gray but I am excited to color with them. Thank you for your hop and all the incentive. Hugs Cathy K

LChippy76 said...

S W E E T & ADORABLE Card!!!
LOVE House Mouse - FAB Coloring

craftymom205 said...

Great card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Jade said...

I love your fun Easel card. The way you colored it up with the Spectrum Noir markers is fabuloso.

Joan said...

Fab card, I love the sentiment, my sister would really like that! Those embossed panels are lovely

E. Marie said...

Adorable card. I really need to try these markers.

Robin B. said...

What a cute card! I love the mice and embossing.

TracyM #6773 said...

FUN, FABULOUS and BEAUTIFUL card Kristine!!!
LOVE your FANCY folds, SUPER CUTE mice and GORGEOUS colours!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

Katie said...

Awesome card! I love the design and how you cut out the brush handles, very neat! And the sentiment is wonderful too! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.