Sunday, July 26, 2015

Summer Side Step Card

I've been having lots more fun playing with the July Creative Cafe' Kit of the Month from The Rubber Cafe'.

This month's kit is called Too Much Sun and it is full of bright, fun, papers, and embellishments. Just playing with all the brights papers and stickers makes me happy!

Here is my latest card...
A Side Step Card that features a big yummy ice cream cone from the kit stamp set and a fabulous sentiment from the add on stamp set, The Perfect Sentiment.


To make this card I cut an 11" x 8 1/2" panel of aqua cardstock in half to create a 5 1/2" by 8 1/2" inch panel.  Then I used my  Scor-Buddy to score on the dotted lines.  I used my paper cutter to cut on the one solid line.  Then I folded my card to create the card base.



I adhered patterned paper from the Doodle Bug "Sun Kissed" paper pack to the card base using Scrap Happy Glue.



To create the sentiment panel I stamped the words with Memento Rose Bud and Bahama Blue dye ink.  I added a strip of Washi Tape from the kit to the top of the panel and then adhere it to a slightly larger pink panel with Scrap Happy Glue.



I created the awesome bow with the green ribbon from this months kit and my Bow it All.



Then I tied the bow on to the card and added the stickers.



The final touch was to stamp the ice cream cone on a die cut oval shape with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and color with Copic Markers.  Then I backed the panel with a scallop edge pink die cut oval and adhered it to the card with Scrap Happy Glue.



That's all you need to do to create this fun side step card that anyone would be thrilled to receive!



I hope you enjoyed today's Creative Cafe' Kit card!

Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies:
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe'-Creative Cafe' Kit: "Too Much Sun" Add on set, The Perfect Sentiment
Paper:  The Rubber Cafe'-Creative Cafe' Kit- Doodle Bug "Sun Kissed" paper pack and Bazzill Cardstock
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Memento Rose Bud ink and Memento Bahama Blue ink,  Copic Markers
Adhesives: The Rubber Cafe'-Scrap Happy Glue
Embellishments: The Rubber Cafe'-Creative Cafe' Kit: Ribbon,  stickers, washi tape
Tools: Spellbinder's Dies, Scor-Buddy

No comments: