Sunday, October 11, 2015

Santa Claus is Coming to Town!

Hello Rubber Cafe' Fans!

I'm here today with my first card that I made with the October Kit of the Month Club.   This month's kit called Creative Christmas!  

The kit includes Echo Park's 6x6 pad- The Story of Christmas by Designer Lori Whitlock, and tons of amazing ribbons and other embellishments.  

For today I used the exclusively designed stamp set called Home for the Holidays that is included with the kit. 
 The four little houses just screamed out "waterfall card" to me so that's what I made for you today.




To create my waterfall card I cut a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of green cardstock for the card base.  I also cut a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of red cardstock and a 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" piece of patterned paper.



In addition I cut:
2-2" square panels of green cardstock
2-2" square panels of red cardstock
1-9" x 2" panel of green cardstock 
4-7/8" square panels from white cardstock (stamp images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink)



I  cut a piece of red cardstock, 4" x 3/4".
Glue a strip of flowered ribbon from the kit to the strip with Scrap Happy Glue.



Starting at end of  the 2" x 9"strip, I scored 2", 2¾", 3 ½", and 4 ¼" from the end.




I Adhered the 9" strip to the thin strip of red cardstock with Scrap Happy Glue.


Create the card base by gluing the patterned paper panel to the red panel and then to the green card.



Adhere the green scored strip to the card at the ends of the thin strip so that the it will slide when pulled down.


I stamped a house on each of the white panels, colored with colored pencils and backed each one with a green or red panel.


Start adhering each of the completed 2" panels to the card with Scrap Happy Glue.


Panel 2


Panel 3


Final Panel


Here's the inside!


And here is a quick video showing how it slides.



I hope you enjoyed today's waterfall card.

Check back all month long to see all the amazing projects by the rest of the team!


Supplies:
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe'-Creative Cafe' Kit:, Home for the Holidays
Paper:  The Rubber Cafe'-Creative Cafe' Kit Echo Park's 6x6 pad- The Story of Christmas and Bazzill Cardstockc
Adhesives: The Rubber Cafe'-Scrap Happy Glu
Embellishments: The Rubber Cafe'-Creative Cafe' Kit:  ribbons
Other: Prisma Colored Pencils

No comments: