Saturday, July 7, 2007

Catty Case


I made this card this morning for Friday's Limited Supply Challenge. The challenge was to case a card from the new Stampin' Up catalog. I have heard many definitions for what CASE stands for but I like "copy and share everything". I've also heard "copy and steal everything", which somehow sounds bad to me. There is nothing wrong with copying or being inspired by other people's cards as long as you give credit to the original idea. Casing other peoples work has really helped me to grow as a stamper. This is the card I cased.
I followed SCS's "Casing guidelines", which is to change at least two things about the card. Well, as you can see, I changed the colors and I used a different stamp set. I also stamped a background on the main card piece. Other than that I kept the exact same layout...why mess with perfection?
Stamps: Flannel Plaid, Noble Deer
Paper: Cocoa, Hunter, Moss, Artichoke, Vanilla
Ink: Cocoa
Accessories: grosgrain ribbon, staples, button, watercolor crayons

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

I love this card, the way you used the paper in the background as 3 individual rectangles

Corie said...

Love this. Great guy card.

Rochelle W said...

Great manly card. I love the colors and your layout.