Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Color Challenge Cards


Today's color challenge on SCS was the first to use the 2007 "In Colors". These are colors that are only available for one year. I made the flower one first and then challenged myself to make another card with the same colors but with a different style.
Stamps: Petal Prints, sentiment unknown
Paper: Blue Bayou, Sky Blue, Cameo Coral, Whisper White
Ink: Blue Bayou, Sky Blue, Cameo Coral
Accessories: Double stitched ribbon, book plate, brads, dimensionals, sponge

I really like how this card turned out. I've just starting using the photo corner punch and I really like what it adds to the cards. I used my white gel pen to add stitching to the photo corner which ties in with the ribbon.
Stamps: Summer by the Sea
Paper: Blue Bayou, Sky Blue, Cameo Coral, whisper white
Ink: Blue Bayou, Sky Blue, Cameo Coral, blush, caramel
Accessories: primas, brads, double stitched ribbon, photo corner punch, white gel pen, sponge

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are two beautiful cards! I love the new stitched ribbons, and those punched corners really add that certain pizzaz! I haven't received my first order yet from the new catalog, but now I have to have the ribbons next. I love your work and your blog, thanks for sharing and inspiring:)

Anonymous said...

Kristine, your cards are gorgeous. I love the first one with the focus on the blue shades and the gorgeous Petal Print set.
Then BAM, the second card is just as wonderful. Love how you focused more on the coral. The faux stitching on the photo corners help show off the ribbon beautifully.
You rock! Hugs and smiles

Jenn D said...

These are so beautiful! I love this color combination and as soon as I finish my swaps I'm going to try it out too. Isn't that double stitched ribbon wonderful! I just love it.

Alhambra Club said...

wow, both of these cards are fantastic, love how you did the faux stitching on the photo corners, will definitely have to try that one.

Rochelle W said...

Kristine,
Great cards. I love them both. You will have to teach me how to do those corners when we get together.

Lia said...

hi,
what a nice cards you made love the secondcard

Laura Roth said...

Kristine - Your cards are just gorgeous! I always love coming to your blog and seeing your lastest creations. I hope you don't mind but I've added a link from my blog to yours so that others can see your work. I know my viewers will love to see creations! You're awesome!

Corie said...

Both of these are so beautiful. Love the ribbon, and your photo corners.