Monday, April 21, 2008

Backgrounder Blitz-Challenge #3

Today's challenge over at CHF is: Backgrounders stamped on anything but paper. This was a fun challenge for me because I have been wanting to try stamping on clay. I used Sculpey oven baked clay for these.

There is still a learning curve for me but I think this medium still has possibilities!

For this key chain I used a tiny flower shaped cutter to cut the white Sculpey Clay. Then I poked a hole throught one of the petals and baked it. After it was cool I used the Victorian Floral Backgrounder stamp to stamp the entire image in Rose Coral Fluid Chalk ink by Clearsnap. I had the key chain links laying around in a drawer. They were left over from an old broken key chain.
For the bookmark I used nearly the same process. I cut the tulip out with a small shaped cutter. then I stuck the paperclip into the middle of the tulip and baked it. When cool I stamped the entire image (front and back) with the Geometric Flowers II Backgrounder using Warm Red Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap. I used a little Xmas Red Stickles to glam it up a bit too.

I hope you'll join the challenge for today. Just head over to the CHF Forums for more info!

No comments: