Monday, August 28, 2017

One Tree...Two Ways...


This week the Stampendous ladies are sharing our tree creations.

Stampendous has a wide array of stamps and stencils featuring trees!

Today I am sharing two cards that I made with the Tree of Life meal stencil.

For this first card I applied various distress inks directly to a panel of cardstock to create a pretty background.  When it dried I stenciled the Tree of Life over the top of the panel with glossy black embossing paste.


For the second card I also used the Tree of Life meal stencil but the card looks totally different!

I created the background by laying the Large Scales metal stencil on top of a white panel of cardstock and sponging distress ink over the top of it.a

Then I stenciled the Tree of Life over the top of the background with regular embossing paste.


After the paste dried I lay the stencil back over the tree and then sponged ink over the top to color the image.

More inspiration and links to other tree projects can be found on 

Thanks for stopping by!

Krisine

7 comments:

barbara macaskill said...

The colors you have chosen are so fresh and relaxing! They make me think of a cool Summer night, laying in the hammock looking up at the stars ✨!A Tree-mendously beautiful duo of cards! TFS!

Viki Banaszak said...

These are awesome cards! I love your backgrounds.

craftymom205 said...

Great card.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the backgrounds.
what a difference they make
in the look of the tree.
thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Your cards are so Beautiful, I really love the colors in them they are so pretty. I can't believe summer is almost over it went so fast, I see the trees and I think of Fall my favorite season thou. Thanks. Tracey Magner

Tee said...

Love the tree stamp! Both are Gorgeous cards!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

You are so talented and these are gorgeous cards with the new trees!!