Friday, August 17, 2007

Beate's Friday Sketch


When I got home today, my GinaK stamps were sitting on the counter. This is a GREAT set. It's so versitile. I wanted to play right away so I got the set cut and mounted and then went to check out Beate's blog for her Friday sketch challenge. I pulled the colors for this card from the ribbon but when the card was done, you can hardly see the ribbon. I used star eyelets on the candles and glitter on the cake...overall, a really fun card!

Stamps: GinaK's Make a wish
Paper: lavendar lace, white, turquoise, Green Galore
Ink: lavendar lace, black, turquoise, Green Galore
Accessories: star eyelets, cuttlebug, oval punches, ribbon

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like Gina's set as well. Your card looks so FUN! Great birthday card and wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks so much for trying it out. I am always looking forward to your cards.
Hugs and smiles

simplyfairies said...

Love this card, real snazzy!!!!!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love the colors and that stamp set is wonderful

wanda box said...

star eyelets for the candles, I love it can I have your permission to try this idea?
I need to first buy a birthday cake stamp with candles.

Rose Ann said...

What a fun and pretty card! I love the colors and ribbon. Great card!

StampOwl said...

I think I will be needing to invest in some of Gina's stamps soon .... love what you did for Beate's sketch

Corie said...

Such a beautiful card!!! As always love your color combo.

Love all the cards you have created as of late. So many beautiful cards.

Anonymous said...

I think your card might have talked me into getting that set. I like that it has some money going to a great cause. Love the card. Today is the big birthday party so tomorrow I will be stamping again.

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful card! Love what you did with Beate's sketch!

kathleenh said...

Such a fun and festive birthday card!

Heather P. said...

What a totally FUN birthday card! Love these colors. :)

Shannon McGann said...

This is such a fun, happy card! I love the colours! Great job!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Kristine - very happy!!

Samm said...

This is gorgeous! lovely bright colours!

Samm
x

Lori said...

This is such a festive and fun birthday card! Great job with the sketch.