Monday, August 20, 2007

Crazy Ramblings & a Monday Quick Card

Yesterday was crazy busy. The whole family went to breakfast and then my son went to a Dodgers baseball game with a friend and I took my daughter shopping for school clothes. It was a really nice day. She's 15 so you would expect that we would fight about clothing but we actually have pretty similar taste in clothing so it went very smoothly. We had lunch together and then went home to clean the house and do laundry. I had really good intentions to get some stamping done and post to my blog but it never happened. A friend stopped by for a couple of hours and we ended up ordering pizza for dinner and going to be by 9:30.

So I got up early to stamp something for you. I've decided that I am going to try and organize my blog postings a little better and have a schedule. Monday's are usually my busy day's. It's my busiest day for work. The kids are hard to get going after the weekend and in the evening my son has scouts so I don't usually have a lot of time to stamp. So...Monday's I will be posting "Quick Cards". These are cards that can be made in ten minutes or less. My schedule is subject to change of course but so far this is the plan:

Monday: Quick Cards (cards made in 10 minutes or less)
Tuesday: Celebrations (Birthday's, anniversaries, Weddings, etc.)
Wednesday: Color Challenge (SCS's or my own)
Thursday: Sketch Challenges (SCS's, other blogs, magazines, or my own sketch's)
Friday: Kick it up (Take a card from good to great!)
Saturday: Inspiration Challege (SCS's or my own...my favorite challenge to do!)
Sunday: Misc. (for anything that doesn't fit into the slot's above)

So, here is my first Quick Card. It's also a sketch challenge from Jenn at I{heart}2stamp.
My new blogging friend, Julie Campbell, sent me these darling images to play with.


Stamps: Crafty Secrets & Flannel BG by Stampin' Up!
Paper: Red, Black, White
Ink: black
Accessories: Eyelets, watercolor pencils, H2O brush, decorative scissors, pop dots

Really? Ten minutes? Yep! The key to sitting down and making a ten minute card is to all ready have the sketch and color idea in your head before you start. I all ready had these images stamp by Julie and the idea of using Jen's sketch so the card really came together "quick"!

6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is just too cute and your are just too organized!

Anonymous said...

Love that image! Such a cute card!! Thx for playing

Karen said...

That's a great card and such a cute stamp! I need to focus on some organization!

Unknown said...

Cute card!! Love those vintage-y images! Can you come organize me?? :)

Julie Campbell said...

I don't know what I was thinking! I forgot to add you to my Google Reader! Well.. I've fixed that now, so I won't ever have to miss a post! I think your site is fabulous!

Rochelle W said...

Super cute. What a great idea to have certain days to share certain cards.