Saturday, May 17, 2008

Who's Stressed???

It's been a rough week for my daughter. She's playing in the pit for the school musical and they had three hour rehearsals every night from 7-10 M-W and then the play is Thu-tonight. She came home on Wednesday night stressed out over being tired, having homework to get done, a speech to memorize for language the next day...and then dumb mom asks her when she's gonna clean her room!

Well, the meltdown began! 15 year old hormones...what was I thinking? So, while she was at school on Thursday I cleaned her room and her bathroom and did her laundry. Basically, got her weekend chores done so that she could relax after the play is done. I made her this card and left it on her desk. Inside is filled with mushy mom stuff telling her that I am proud of her and love her and that this to shall pass...

Stamps:
-U R A Hot


Paper:
-Prismatic Suede Brown Dark, Candle glow Light, and Cerelean by Prism Papers
-Georgia Pacific White

Ink:
-Brilliance Graphite Black pigment ink by Tsukineko
-Copic Markers
-Adirondack Espresso dye ink by Ranger
-Mustard Seed Distress ink by Ranger

Accessories:
-Brads by Makin' Memories
-Stickers by Me & my big ideas

Tools:
-Nestabilities circle die by Spellbinder
-corner punch by EKSuccess
-Sponge

6 comments:

Angie said...

How great of a Mom are you?!?! That is so sweet of you, I hope she enjoyed the card and gets some well deserved rest this weekend.

Theresa said...

That sounds like something I would do....ask her about her room and then realize what I was asking - once the meltdown started! It was sweet of you to take care of her chores...she will be most appreciative when the play is over! Thanks for sharing - cute card!

Rochelle W said...

You are such a sweetie. I do the same for Katie when she is down and stressed. She is so lucky to have a great mom like you.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a sweet mom you are. I'm sure your daughter loved the card, and finding her room cleaned.

Erin said...

You are the nicest mom! I love this card. Beautiful

Rachel V. said...

What a great mom!!! Nice reminder for me to be like that when my kids get older and the pressure starts getting to them. I hope she had a great weekend!!!