Monday, April 30, 2012

Got Foil?

I created this post for The Rubber Cafe a couple of weeks ago but thought I would post it here too in case you missed it!

Have you seen all the amazing Foil Papers that are available at The Rubber Cafe?  Were you wondering what to do with it?  Foil Paper looks great as an embellishment.  You can die cut it or emboss it.  Today I am going to show you a way to use it to add some amazing shine to your stamped images using Foil.

It's hard to see the shimmer in the picture but all three of the shells on this card are covered in shimmery foil and I'm going to show you how it's done.

I work on a craft sheet so I start by squirting a nickle size spot of Scrap Happy Glue on the mat.  


Then I use a  foam cosmetic wedge to apply a thin layer of glue to the stamp. I stamp the image directly on the paper and then immediately clean the stamp off while the stamped image dries to tacky....just a couple of minutes.



Once the glue is tacky, lay the foil paper over the stamped image and rub several times across the top of the image.



Slowly peel the foil away from the image.  The one on the left is the stamped image and the foil on the right is what it looks like when you peel it away.  You could probably use the negative image paper on another project 'cuz it looks pretty cool.



I repeated this process with a copper foil and then again with the teal foil to create this panel.



I used the same process on the sentiment.

Here's another card I made with Extra Large Daisy and Foil.


I cut a small circle to foil the center of the flower first and then I lay the yellow foil over the top of the whole flower.  I shaded in the white space with chalks.  The green leaves were cut with my Cricut machine.


I hope these projects gave you some inspiration for some of the cool looks you can get with Foil Paper.  I hope you'll throw some in your cart and try it for yourself!

Happy Foiling!




4 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Wow, I miss a few days of checking the blog and you have tons of great stuff posted! Love this foil technique, I will definately have to try that out. I have some foil from Maribeth and just love this look. Great job! Thanks for showing us this!

Unknown said...

What company is this stamp set from?

Unknown said...

What company did that fabulous shell stamp come from

Unknown said...

I haven't heard of Scrap happy glue in Australia. Do you know of an equivalent brand over here?