Friday, April 27, 2012

Got Shells?

Summer will be here before you know it so I thought I share some fun Beach inspired projects with you today!  The Rubber Cafe has a huge selections of terrific summery images available in the on line store now!

I made a couple of cards using the  Sea Shell Set .  Here's the first one.

I was inspired by the colors in that yummy ribbon that I recently got from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  The shells were stamped with VersaMark embossing ink and then embossed with Aged Gold Embossing Powder by Stampendous.  I love this stuff! This card looks really cool in real life! Everything was glued down with Scrap Happy Glue.

Here is another card that I made with the same Sea Shell Set and the Medium Lightning Whelk Conch Shell.  
.


Here's how I created the background.  First put all four of the stamps from the Sea Shell Set on a clear block.


Ink the stamps up with Memento Rich Cocoa dye ink and stamp randomly to cover the beige panel of card stock.  It's a fast and easy way to create a great background paper!



I hope you enjoyed my cards today and are inspired to go create some summer inspired projects for yourself!


Project Supplies:
Paper: Bassill Basics Card Stock, Pugnacious Signature paper-white
Other: Really Reasonable Ribbon, Aged Gold Embossing Powder by Stampendous, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Scrap Happy Glue.




No comments: