Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dreaming of a White Christmas...

I combined my Crazy4Challenges challenge project with my Stampendous/Beacon Hop project.
The Crazy4Challenge Blog Challenge is inspired by you favorite Holiday Song.

I love all holiday songs but I especially love "White Christmas" and this stamp from Stampendous has the perfect depiction of a White Christmas!


I started with a small unfinished Paper Mache box that I got a Michael's Craft Store.


I painted the outside with Apple Barrel Light Blue Glossy Acrylic Paint.
When dry I covered the lid and the bottom edges of the box with VersaMark ink and heat embossed Shabby White Embossing Enamel.

I stamped Snowy Postcard on Tissue Paper and cut it close the the oval edge.

 
Then I adhered it to the top of the box with Fast Finish Decoupage.
I added the flowers and dew drop on with Beacon 3 in 1 advanced Craft Glue.


This will end up under my tree with someone's Christmas gift in it!


The whole team is playing along today, so be sure to visit all of the blogs and leave some insightful, kind comments (the kind that let us know you looked at the project) and we'll give some great prizes, sending some of you with U.S. mailing addresses some Fast Finish Decoupage Medium and some Stampendous Stamps. 

Here we go...

27 comments:

Amy McCue said...

I love the texture you added with the embossing underneath the tissue paper with the post card image. It is a beautiful box!

Rhea Weigand said...

Love this box! The Snowy post card is perfect.

Mary Ann said...

Wow!Very pretty....Love the snowy scene...

craftymom205 said...

Lovely project.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Sue D said...

Gorgeous way to decorate a box!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful way to give 2 gifts in one! Thanks for the idea.

Nedlnut said...

I will definitely try this. It's gorgeous!

Barb Turpin said...

Kristine, I am so impressed with this one...can't wait to try it! I love altering containers and this image is just so perfect for that oval container!

christi said...

wow, what a great gift box. love the scene. also love the dew drop idea. i don't have to go searching high and low for mine. i can just put a drop on and go.

Iris said...

What a pretty, snow scene on your beautiful gift box. Iris

StampOwl said...

oh what an awesome box Kristine :)

Sherry Butcher said...

Great gift box that goes on giving. Would love to win. TFS

Janelle Stollfus said...

Wonderful transformation on this box! The Aged Embossing Enamels are such a great texture and glimmer.

Betty Wright said...

Whoa! Gorgeous and totally cool the products you used. Beautifully done, Kristine!

Suzanne C said...

Just beautiful! Sweet gift box!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Kristine, love your special "snow" touches on your beautiful trinket box which is so beautiful!!

Greta said...

I have that enamel--thanks for the inspiration!

Lea said...

I would love a White Christmas! Your box is very pretty!

Mary Ann said...

Love this box it is so very pretty....

April Derrick said...

I love the way you stamped on the tissue and then added it to the top - I can't wait to try that!!

sharon g said...

What a great box. Great for baked goodies!

Barbara said...

I would not have thought of stamping on the tissue and adding it to the top of the box. What a great idea and your techniques really give it that frosted look. It will make a lovely gift package for someone!

Anonymous said...

Your box is lovely. I love the snow scene. Beautiful art work.

Margie F.

Kristie Maynard said...

Beautiful box Kristine! I'm pinning this and will have to try making some boxes too. LOve it!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Christmas gift box. I'm surprised that the white on the lid is embossing, and the house image is a stamp. It turned out gorgeous, the recipeint is going to love it and I do too.

Kim H said...

love this box, beautifully done, wonderful textures. thank you for the inspiration.

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is such beautiful 'packaging'...a gift on its own, for sure....love that image...perfect for White Christmas