Thursday, December 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Laura!

It's Laura's birthday today!!!

Laura who you ask?  Well....THE Laura who keeps all of us crazy Stampendous design team members on track.  She is amazingly supportive and is like the house mom in our big crazy sorority house!  She keeps track of a million details and manages all of our crazy personalities like a pro! 

I made this card for Laura for her birthday (and yes Laura....it should be arriving in your office in the box I mailed you yesterday!)

As I am looking at these pictures I realized that I meant to add some gear embellishments....oh well...I am still in LOVE with this card. Here's a closer look at this fabulous image, Halloween Magic.  Even though she came out with the Halloween release this year, I think you can see how great she works for all your Steampunk projects as well!


Laura's birthday card was inspired by this fabulous dress that she designed (and yes...that's Laura in the picture!)



I pulled out Guys and Gears Perfectly Clear Set for the inside of the card.
But...I couldn't decide which sentiment to use because so many of them applied to Laura and how she keeps all the gears moving with this team! 

So....I used most of them!

Some of the other ladies on the team made birthday cards for Laura too.

You can check them out on their blogs:



Supply List:
Paper: Mohawk Smooth White, The Paper Studio
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Ladybug Red dye ink, VersaMark,  Spectrum Noir Markers, Silver Spica pen
Other: Aged Silver embossing enamel, Red Ultra Fine Jewel Glitter, Cuttlebug Gears embossing folder,

13 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Kristine this is the absolutely perfect card for Laura and it is fabulous! Beautiful design and the steampunk girl is lovely!

Scrappychick said...

Gorgeous! Great minds think alike ;)

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a fabulous design Kristine! Beautifully coloured and I immediately knew what was your inspiration for this card - I loved Laura's outfit too! :)

Lea said...

You have no idea how close I came to using the same set! This is absolutely fabulous, Laura will love it!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is crazy cool...I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

This is SO awesome! I love the set that you used! TFS

Stampendous said...

OK first let me say, before I forget, that I adore the new look of your blog! wow!!
And that card, Kristine,... I cried when I opened it and I thought, WOW... that stamp set is so perfect for me!
I appreciate you so much! You're such a valuable team member and always produce such fantastic samples for me! Thanks for the terrific birthday greeting and the darling earrings (they did arrive yesterday) and everything you do for us! BIG HUGS! Laura

Janelle Stollfus said...

What a perfectly awesome card! You hit the style color and character for Laura's birthday.

Liz said...

I love the outfit she designed as well as the way you used it as inspiration for a birthday card. Lots of red and black :) A very personalized card!

Iverova said...

What a perfect card!!!! Love this steam-punk girl!!!

Mary Ann said...

Very cute card...

Melinda Gleissner said...

What a fantastic card! You know Laura well. I love the inside with the sentiments. Thank you so much for playing along.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card Miss Lady!!!