Monday, March 23, 2015

Birthday Dreams


This week we have a different sort of collaboration for you!
Stampendous is very excited to be able to offer their products in many countries around the world. They’re able to do this thanks to their terrific distributors in those countries who help retail stores to stock their products. In the UK Stampendous has a very long and valued partnership with Woodware Craft Collection. These wonderful folks stock almost all the Stampendous products, and they even stock several classic items that have retired from the store here in the US. They also stock almost all of the new Dreamweaver Stencils line, so we thought it would be another great event to celebrate the addition of Dreamweaver to the Stampendous family.
This week we’re going to celebrate with the awesome Woodware Design Team and the Dreamweaver Stencils Dream Team all of the the great Stampendous and Dreamweaver Stencils products that Woodware makes available to the UK market. This is good news for our crafty friends in the UK because we’ll be offering prizes and our UK friends are eligible to win!! We’ll be offering three prizes in the UK and three in the US.
Our theme...Making Texture. We hope you’ll enjoy the wonderful inspiration that three talented teams will bring you this week! 

I made a fun birthday card for today's project.

This adorable Gruffies® image, Cake Dreamer is available from Woodware and Stampendous.



I colored the image with Copic Markers.
To create the purple background I used the Dreamweaver I Beam stencil and embossing paste.

I started by taping the stencil to a panel of white cardstock with removable tape.



I spread a small amount of white embossing paste on my craft mat.

I added some purple acrylic paint to the embossing paste and mixed it with my palette knife.


Then I spread the paste across the stencil with my Paste Spreader.


When it dried I used it for the background of the card.

Do you see the yellow sparkly strip?
That was from a left over strip from my Thursday project and if you stop by then, I'll show you how I created it using Dreamweaver Graduated Dot stencil.



The sentiment is from the Beary Mice Perfectly Clear stamp set.
Here are the designer’s sharing the projects Each prize package will consist of Nathalie Kalbach’s terrific Grunge Mixed Media Cling Rubber Stamp Sets and the beautiful Zen Butterfly Dreamweaver Stencil! Both products are ideal for adding texture and backgrounds to your projects!
Deadline to comment is Sunday, March 29th, Pacific Time. Winners will be picked using random.org and announced Tuesday, March 31st, in the afternoon.


Be sure to visit all the blog links listed and leave your comments! Each comment will count as an entry towards one of the terrific prize packages.

Stampendous Blog

Janelle Stollfus

Pam Hornschu

Kristine Reynolds(UR HERE)

 Woodware Craft Collection Blog

Dorothy Adam

Francoise Read

Dreamweaver Stencils Blog

Lyn Bernatovich

Cindy Groh

Gill Wilson

Alison Heikkila

Alison Heikkila

35 comments:

Terri said...

Cute card. The yellow strip is great.

Unknown said...

What a great card!! Put a smile on my face! Great work!! TFS!!

P Beatty said...

Beautiful textures and the sleeping bear is so-o-o-o cute!

D.Ann C said...

I wouldn't have thought to put purple and yellow together like that, but they look FAB! Love that I Beam stencil!!

barbara macaskill said...

What a wonderful card! LOVE the purple background sheet and the polka dot yellow glitter strip is divine! AWESOME coloring on the bear! He looks so soft! TFS!

Stampendous said...

This card really is a showstopper with the gorgeous background and color matching image. Love the design, thank you for sharing your Stampendous and Dreamweaver Stencils today!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Love the happy colors and the bear's texture is so realistic!

Viki Banaszak said...

I love the way you made the background with I beams stencil. I really like that one.

CraftyJo said...

A bear after my own heart .... dreaming of cake :) It's great to see how the stencils look 'in use' - makes it easier to realise their potential.

Jan Castle said...

Adorable....love the background, especially I. Purple....the sentiment is absolutely perfect! Really cute card!!!!
Jan

Kim x said...

Lovely bright background xx

Judy said...

Love the card! That background is great and the bear and sentiment are so darn cute. Thanks for sharing.

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

Really like the background texture and stencil.

Alison said...

The way you colored the bear is great! He looks so fuzzy! I love your technique of mixing paint into your embossing paste.

Mary Holshouser said...

I had to smile when I saw the bear dreaming of his cake. Makes a darling design.
I have stencils and paste but haven't tried to use them yet. Your card is encouraging me to get them out and play.
thanks for the inspiration.

Pam Hornschu said...

Love the color of the mixed paste, Kristine. Cute card!

LaChelle Unger said...

That beauty would put a smile on any birthday face!

Cindy Groh said...

That is really cool. I like it.

Sabrina said...

Way too cute!!

Jean said...

Love the colors and that stencil!

Amy M said...

Too cute, just want to rub his belly. Thanks for sharing

Katia said...

your background is so vibrant, and the stamp is so sweet!!!

Amy Martin said...

What a neat stencil. Your background is wonderful, yellow and purple go great together. Super cute card.

auscrafts said...

lovely textures and colours

rose s. said...

i had to chuckle when i saw your cute bear dreaming about cake :). the purple background really makes your image pop. great card

Unknown said...

Love the bold colors, great card!

Unknown said...

Love your purple background. Really lovely card

Janis said...

Adorable little bear!! LOVE that vibrant purple stenciled background with the yellow!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Sue D said...

Love the purple and yellow color combo and how you made the background.

Anonymous said...

Pretty card!! I just love texture paste!! And that bear is soooo stinkin cute!!!

Beatrice Lawson said...

That gorgeous background is everything! Both the pattern and the colour are beautiful!

Karen Petitt said...

I love all of it and I was just about to go and find some purple paste - thanks for that tip as I have a few pots of Dreamweaver EP and now I know what I'm going to do with the white, clear, and metallic to give me more colours!
Thank you for the blog hop and your awesome inspirations Karen

Craftyfield said...

This is fun... the yellow and purple combo is striking and the image is so cute!

Karen Denson said...

What a great card. I love the colors you have used and the stencil you used for the background is fabulous. This is a really wonderful card. Thank you.

scrappykate said...

What a great combination of colors and textures! Beautiful work.