Friday, February 26, 2016

More Mushrooms


Today is the last day of the fun Eileen Hull Sizzix dies and Stampendous Mushrooms hop.

Today I have made a fun mushroom pencil holder for my project.



To create the canister base I started by stenciling the Large Scales Stencil on the die cut panels with Regular embossing paste.



I used my paper piercer to score the paste on the scored lines.



I covered the wet paste with embossing powder and shook the excess back into the bottle.



Then I heated it until it melted.



I repeated this process on the bottom of the mushroom that I die cut out of cardstock.


I die cut the top part of the Cottage Home mushroom out of white cardstock and stamped the details on to it.



I folded the panels and adhered the edges to create the canister.


After I colored everything I adhered it to the canister.




Now it sits on my craft table with my colored pencils in it!



And...there are prizes!!!


Go to the
for all the rules and to get the links to more fun creations!

Thanks for stopping by!

Kristine


23 comments:

Dee said...

the scallop texture to the house is fasinating- very clever1

A Pink said...

fabulous little pencil organiser with some really lush stencilling x

Unknown said...

I love the embossed stenciling~ That made it really unique. Must try that technique.

Peg Klitch said...

What a fabulous job you did with the embossed stenciling. Adorable little house!

barbara macaskill said...

LOVE how you embossed the organizer!! This is very cute and is going to look great on your desk!!! TFS!

D.Ann C said...

What cool texture! I'd've never guessed that was embossing over dimensional paste... must try it!!

Cynthia said...

What a great way to add dimention to your project.

Denise Bryant said...

Darling container for your pencils! Love the embossed pattern and the textures!

Lucy said...

Embossed texture paste makes for a wonderful mushroom home. Scoring the texture paste was a very nice (and probably necessary) detail that I wouldn't have thought of. Thank you.

Lea said...

Love this, Kristine! Makes an adorable pencil holder!

Mary Holshouser said...

Looks like a gingerbread house.
Darling idea for a pencil holder.
this would make a great gift for a teacher.
Love it.
thanks for sharing.
Illinois

Stampendous said...

OH, how I LOVE the scale stencil for the house walls! That is fabulous! Thank you for sharing this week, loved all of your projects!

Jenn White said...

Oooo...I want to try what you did with the embossing paste & embossing powder. THIS IS SO COOL! ♡HUGS

Jenn White said...

Oooo...I want to try what you did with the embossing paste & embossing powder. THIS IS SO COOL! ♡HUGS

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love how you textured those walls. Cool project

McStamper said...

What a great idea for storage. Love the texturing you did.

Viki Banaszak said...

This is so cool! I love the pattern you stenciled on the base and the green fragments.

Dollie said...

Such an adorable pencil organizer!

Jean Bullock said...

Wow, your embossing is fabulous. Wonderful job!

Late Blooming said...

Every pencil should have a home. So cute.

Sue D said...

Great idea for a pencil holder. I like the embossed sides.

Shari said...

Now that is a pencil holder I would proudly put on my desk. I need a whole village of pencil and marker holders. ^_^ 💗💗💗

Jean said...

Such amazing details!!