Sunday, April 3, 2016

Cupcake Gift Card Holder


Happy Sunday Rubber Cafe' Fans!

I am so excited to share my second project that I made with the March Rubber Cafe' Creative Cafe' Kit of the month, Special Celebration.


At first glance, it looks like a regular card...but you know me...I've got a secret inside...



To create this card I started with an 8 1/4" x 4 1/4" panel of pink cardstock.
I used my Scor-Buddy to score the panel at 5 1/2".


I adhered a 4" x 5 1/4" panel of patterned paper to the inside of the pink panel with Scrap Happy Glue.



I folded the flap up and then adhered a 2 5/8" x 4 1/8" panel of patterned paper to the front with Scrap Happy Glue.




Then I cut a 8 1/2" x 3 1/2" panel of sand cardstock  and scored it in half.



to create a gift card pocket I cut a  3 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of patterned paper and scoring it on 3 sides at the 1/2" mark.


I folded in the three sides of the patterned paper and punched a half circle in the top.



I added scor-tape to the back edges.



Adhere the patterned paper envelope to the inside of the sand cardstock.



Then adhere this piece to the inside of the card.



Stamp sentiments on the inside.
The envelope holds a gift card.



Fold the panel up to close the card and then add a panel with the cupcake on it.



Tie a bow around the card to keep it closed and it's done!



This card is a great way to give a gift card to someone special for their birthday.

I hope you give it a try!






Supplies:
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe'- Special Celebration #eatcake
Paper: The Rubber Cafe' KOTM--MME On Trend 2, Pink Pearl, white, and kraft cardstock by Bazzil
Ink:  Cottage Ivy, and Tuxedo Black dye ink,
Other: Colored Pencils
Adhesives: The Rubber Cafe'-Scrap Happy Glue
Embellishments:  Beige ribbon, Queen & Co. pearls

No comments: