Friday, August 24, 2007

Kick it Up Friday!

It's Friday so I want to share a card that was a nice card to begin with but is even better when I "kicked it up" a little.

I used my SU stampin' around to stamp the dotted BG and then embossed the blue panel with a cuttlebug embossing folder. My friend Julie Campbell stamped these images for me. That's always a fun challenge to come up with a card design from images all ready stamped on paper that is all ready cut. I colored the images with my watercolor crayons and assembled as shown. This is a card that anyone could be proud to mail to a friend.

I didn't do much to "kick it up" but I think it makes a nice addition! I turned the coffee cups a little angled. This makes the card a little more interesting. I also popped all the images up on pop dots. Then I used scallop scissors on the white strip and added brads. Just a few simple additions to take a card to WOW!
Stamps: MFT, SU!
Paper: Brocade Blue, Chocolate, White
Ink: Black
Accessories: water color crayons, brads, scallop scissors, pop dots

8 comments:

Rochelle W said...

OMG I love these. They are soooo cute. I love these colors too. Great layouts as well.

Alhambra Club said...

Love the card and the embossing, it is amazing how adding something so simple really does kick it up. GREAT card, love everything about it.

Dottie K. said...

Wow Kristine this is beautiful. Just found your blog thru Rochelle. Can't wait to spend a little more time and search thru all the cards you have posted. Added you to my favorites. Have a great weekend. Later.....:)

Julie Campbell said...

Wow! That Julie chick must be super nice! ;)

Great cards, btw! I PROMISE to start creating with your goodies soon!

Unknown said...

Great card Kristine - very fun!!

Michele Kovack said...

These are adorable! So cute!

Sharon said...

Love the cards and the colors are perfect together.

Jenn D said...

I love both of the cards, but that decorative edge on the strip and brads just make such a huge difference.