Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturay's Inspiration


Well today's inspiration challenge on SCS is this beautiful set of tiles. I thought about making some sort of tile card but decided to somehow make my inspiration card using Beate's Friday sketch challenge. I'm not sure I love the colors or the prima I threw on but I really need to go walk the dog so it is what it is...



The closest stamp I had to "poppy's" was this flower stamp in the Garden Silhouettes set by Stampin' Up. I used that for the main image. The prima and ribbon were afterthoughts and I'm still not sure I like them. I may have to take another stab at Beate's sketch later since I am not totally happy with this one. What do you think?
Stamps: small script, garden silhouettes, weathered
Paper: punpkin, rust, moss, vanilla
ink: moss, pumpkin, caramel, chocolate
Accessories: Hogepodge hardware bookplate and brads, prima flower, cuttlebug, CM circle cutter, Ribbon





15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristine, you are not happy with THIS? I think it's gorgeous! Love all the texture and the colors are just awesome!
Thanks for playing with the sketch! Hugs and smiles

Theresa said...

SMASHING!!! I just posted a comment on this card in SCS, then I was drawn to another of your cards, and now I just had to come and take a look at your blog!!!
So glad I came! You have some amazing stuff in here!
Hope it is ok that I'll be back!
Enjoy your day!

Libby Hickson said...

I think it's gorgeous! You did a great job highlighting the inspiration piece, and Beate's sketch worked perfectly in my opinion. :-)

kathleenh said...

Beautiful! I like how you used the flower and the hardware to replace the circles on the sketch.

Anonymous said...

I really like this card! The colors jump out at you and it's put together so nicely - what's not to like? I understand your feelings though - I often leave the room after making a card and come back later to take a 2nd look and think to myself "what in the world was I thinking when I made that?" LOL ......and then someone sees it and remarks "my, what a lovely card!" go figure :) It's beautiful Kristine:) Nice work as always

Jill said...

I think this is a beautiful Card!

Rochelle W said...

GORGEOUS!! I love it!

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card, the colors are fantastic.

Melissa said...

Fantastic job on the challenge!

Julie Campbell said...

I think this card is beautiful! It's so RICH! I think the ribbon and Prima looks perfect!

Dottie K. said...

Such a beautiful card. What's not to like?? :)

Heather P. said...

Oh, this is FABULOUS! Great job with the sketch! :)

Anonymous said...

Kristine,

Love the card. I need to give in a get some of the hardware. I do not know what I am waiting for.

mum-on-the-run said...

Great take on Beate's sketch!

Love your card :)

Unknown said...

I totally agree with Beate- this is so pretty!!! The colors and everything are great!