Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday Catch up

This week I had a major "Ah Hah!" moment. Actually, it happened two times. I felt like an idiot but I am going to share with you because I am hoping there are a few more of you out there like me. The fist lightbulb came on when I ordered my very first order of MissyB stamps. MissyB stamps come unmounted on a rubber sheet for you to cut out and mount or not. They sell cling mount which I had heard about on other blogs and stamping sights but I didn't really understand what it was. I know, I could have just asked someone but I'm not really one to ask something that everyone all ready seems to know the answer to. So, I decided to order some cling mount with my stamps. My order came and I figured it all out. And now I can not believe I lived with out this stuff. I mounted my new missy B's and then I went and mounted my unmounted Rubber Romance AND my Bella's. I had been using double sided tape on my acrylics and sticking Bella on to stamp. How dumb! Much easier with the cling mount AND...I get a better image too! Well, if you all ready knew all this then I probably sound like an idiot but if you didn't I hope this helps you! Here's what it all looks like...


This is how the cling mount comes. It's a thin piece of foam that is really sticky on one side. The other side isn't sticky but clings to acrylic blocks.


This is one piece with a bunch of my Bella's and Bella sentiments stuck to it to show you how many stamps you can fit on one piece.





This is Vegibella all cut out and "clinging" to an acrylic block.


My second "Ah Hah" moment was in regards to storing stamps in CD cases. Heard about it...just didn't get it. Then I got my first order of Papertrey stamps which come in a CD case and suddenly it all made sense. I ran out to Office Depot and bought a package of CD cases and now I store all of my clear sets and my unmounted rubber this way. Here's a pic in case you're like me and just can't picture it.


The one on the left holds a MissyB set and the one on the right holds a Wordsworth set.



Don't worry, I am going to share some cards today too! The first one was made for one of the VSN pre-challenges to make a Christmas card in autumn colors. The second card is one that I made using my cute little Lobster from GinaK.


Stamps: Stampendous
Paper: Olive, Ruby Red, Summer Sun, White
Ink: black, versamark
Accessories: rick rack, iridecsent ice embossing powder, paper piercer, watercolor pencils, H2O brush





Stamps: GinaK
Paper: Chocolate, White, Basicgrey
Ink: Black
Accessories: ribbon, scallop oval punch

5 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are great, I just started getting into cling mount and converted all my wood stamps to cling, save tons of storage space

Anonymous said...

you've answered a lot of questions I also had about un-mounting my rubber stamps. Thanks for the detailed info - it really helps those of us who are timid about asking for details. I love the cards you made and now I'm just going to have to try this updated way of stamping to see what I've been missing:) Thanks Kristine! So nice of you to pass this info along:)

Rochelle W said...

I think I am going to have to get some of that EZ mount.

Rochelle W said...

I forgot. Super cute cards too Kristine. I am so going to stamp some lobster stamps when I come over.

Dottie K. said...

Thanks for sharing. Is it easy to cut out the ez cling once you mount them on there? I have arthritis and can't cut through the rubber - someone always does this for me. I would love to mount my Bella's and a few other stamps I have - I use doublesided tape. Doesn't work great!!! Love the cards. So cute.