Friday, September 14, 2007

Fix it up Friday!

I usually post my "kick it up" cards on Friday. I think today's post is more "fix it up" cards. These cards got their start during VSN. The challenge was to make a embossing resist card. My friend Rochelle started by stamping with versamark ink and embossing with clear embossing powder on glossy card stock. Then she sponged on pumpkin, cocoa, and summer sun inks. She back the panel, tied on a ribbon and attached it to a brown card. The she exclaimed, "I hate it and don't know what to do with it"! I looked at it, and frankly, I agreed! We were under a tight deadline during VSN so we just let her card sit on the table.



The next morning I got up and saw this pitiful card laying on the table and decided to take on the challenge of fixing it. I cut the panel off the brown card, slid off the ribbon and went on to create this pretty card.



Stamps: True Friend
Paper: Summer sun, white, cocoa
Ink: Versamark, cocoa, pumpkin, sun
Accessories: brads, dimensionals, ribbon, Hodge Podge Hardware, oval punches, sponge



I like this card but I totally destroyed the direction Rochelle had been headed with her card so I decided to make one more with out totally tearing apart her original intent. So I made another card exactly like the one she had tossed aside and then added to it to come up with this one.






Stamps: True Friend
Paper: Summer sun, white, cocoa, pumpkin
Ink: Versamark, cocoa, pumpkin, sun
Accessories: dimensionals, ribbon, sponge

Sometimes in the creative process we all get stuck-frustrated. It's ok to put it aside and try something else. When you go back to the old project with fresh eyes you never know what you might come up with.
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

8 comments:

Rochelle W said...

Yeah, your cards are WAY better than mine. Seriously, I was really starting to hate fall colors after all those challenges. I love how you "Kicked Up" my ugly card. Yours are so cute. I like that they aren't mostly brown. I think that was my problem. Way too much brown.

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, like the kick up, not that your card was not pretty as it was Rochelle.

Jenn D said...

I have lots of VSN cards that end up in my "hate" pile too. The time constraint really makes it hard to focus. I think you did a wonderful job fixing them.

Unknown said...

I love it! You did great work and I love the colors.

Anonymous said...

You really did a great job with Rochelle's card, even though I thought it looked beautiful to begin with. Both of your kicked-up versions are really pleasing to the eye. Love the fall colors! Wanna come help me with my blah cards next? *wink* TFS

Etha said...

Freakishly: WOW! What a great description of showing what one can do with something that's just a little, well, not quite ripe yet ;) Love it!!

Michele Kovack said...

Gorgeous!!! Love this color combo!

Unknown said...

Wow! you're remakes are super! Love them!