Saturday, September 8, 2007

Inspired by a Kit Kat

I don't know if I'll get a chance to do Karen's inspiration challenge because I am plannning on participating in VSN all day so I thought I would share one of the cards I made during Friday night VSN tailgate party. The challenge was to make a card inspired by your favorite candy. The card was to be the same shape and colors as your favorite candy. Well, my favorite candy is a Kit Kat so that was pretty easy. I used pumpkin, cocoa, and vanilla for my color combo and got to ink up my brand new Stampin' Up stamps. I was dying to try this "fabulous flower" that I have seen on many cards in the SCS gallery. I love how it turned out!

If you don't have any plans today, come on over and join us for Virtual Stamp Night! It's going to be a blast! Hope to see you there!

Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, True Friend
Paper: Pumpkin, Vanilla, cocoa, Apple Cider DP
Ink: pumpkin, chocolate
Accessories: embossing powder, heat gun, pop dots, paper piercer, marker, dog tag punch, sponge


Julie Masse said...

Ok this is the first card I've seen that truly makes me want Fab Flowers! So pretty Kristine!

Flossie's Follies said...

fantastic - what great inspiration from a kit kat bar

Dottie K said...

Yummy, oh and the card is fabulous!!! :)

Laura Roth said...

Kristine - this is absolutely amazing! Love it!

beate said...

AWESOME card, Kristine! LOVE your stitching, the paper you used and of course that gorgeous flower!

Mesha2TheMax said...

Ooh, I love that flower stamp. The colors blend so well together. Good eye!