Monday, April 7, 2008

CHF Challenge Chicks #2

Cornish Heritage Farms has the Tim Holtz Distress Inks on sale through April 14th. These are beautiful, rich dye inks which are very versatile and fun. You can learn more about them here. This weeks challenge for the CHF Design Team was to create projects using these inks.

To be honest I had only really used them as regular ink up to this point but was excited to try something new. I decided to try photo tinting with them. My son backpacks in Yosemite every summer with his Boy Scout Troop and has a ton of beautiful pictures from his trips so I went to the computer and printed out a couple of them in grayscale. Then, using cut and dry nibs, I simple applied some of the ink to the photo to add a little color and interest. I really like the effect. What do you think?
Stamps:
-Crackle Backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms

Paper:
-Prismatic Herbal Garden Medium & Iced Teal

INk:
-Tim Holtz Distress INk by Ranger Inc. (Pine Needles, Walnut Stain & Faded Jeans)

Accessories:
-Ribbon-sheer creations from Michael's
-epoxy tags by Makin' Memories


Stamps:
-Weathered Wood Backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms
-Sentiment from Primitive (The Rummage Bin) by Cornish Heritage Farms

Paper:
-Prismatic Nautical Blue, Suede Brown Light
-Vellum
-Clear Plastic (leftover from stamp packaging)

INk:
-Tim Holtz Distress INk by Ranger Inc. (Pine Needles, Walnut Stain & Faded Jeans)

Accessories:
-Hemp cord (source unknown)

Tools:
-Nestabilities by Spellbinder
Go check out the other ladies Distress Ink creations-I bet they're AWESOME!

11 comments:

Lori Craig said...

These are beautiful! JUST Beautiful! I am loving how everyone did something a bit different with the inks. THESE PHOTOS ARE THE BOMB, Kristine!

Dawn said...

FABULOUS Kristine!! oh, my son would do anything to be able to go places like that with his troop!! LOVE the photos....AWEsome job!

Sherrie said...

This is SOOO creative! Love the photo tinting! Cool photos too!

Alli Miles said...

Love the use of the photos! Great cards!!!

Julie Campbell said...

SO COOL!!!! What a brilliant, creative use of these inks!

Kim Mraz said...

you are SO clever Kristine...love your cards :)

Lisa Silver said...

WHOA!!! This is amazing! I have been wanting to try this and haven't taken the plunge... you've inspired me to try!

Julia Aston said...

Love this ink on the photo - they look terrific - I think I'll try this out!

www.createwithjulia.blogspot.com

Bellawhoop said...

These are FABULOUS! I love your photo shading and creative use of the distress inks. I may have to get some and try this technique. :)

Rochelle W said...

Very very cool Kristine!! We are going to Yosemite this summer. I can't wait.

Unknown said...

These are fabulous Kristine! Love your photo tinting!