Monday, July 9, 2007

Happy Monday!

I hope your week is off to a good start. It's supposed to be a lot cooler here in Southern California this week with a slight possibility of rain, which we really need here!


I finally got a chance to work on Beate's Friday sketch challenge. this weeks challenge was to make a joy fold card. I have been wanting to try this style card for a while. The size of the little card looked to be the perfect size for my javabellas so I started there. I used Stampin' Up's designer paper and a few primas and the card went right together. The only problem is that when you open the little blue card the prima in the right corner gets bent...I guess I didn't think that through. But I needed a prima up there to balance the card and if I didn't put it that high it would cover her face...oh well. For my first joy fold card, I am happy with it. I will probably play around and make some more tonight.


Stamps: Stampingbella
Paper: cocoa, ballet blue, white, Palette of Prints from SU!
Ink: Black
Accessories: watercolor pencils, H2o brush, primas, brads, ticket corner punch


I have another Javabella share for you. This one was a RAK from Chris Weis. Chris is a fabulous lady who I have gotten to know through one of my Yahoo groups. I sent her some Bella images and she sent me this RAK. I love how she used the ribbon!

Thanks Chris!!!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bella cards! Love how rich your colors look in your first card. Thanks so much for participating in my little challenge. Hugs and smiles

Corie said...

Beautiful bella. GREAT colors. I know I say that about all your cards, but I truly love the colors you pick.

Alhambra Club said...

These Bella's are great, love the colors you used. Hope you get your rain, we finally got ours in South Florida, still need more but happy that we finally got some.

Rochelle W said...

Super cute. I love love the colors.

Heather P. said...

What a great card! Love the stamped image and the colors you used. :)