Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Groovy Artichoke

Today's color challenge on SCS was to use Groovy Guava and Always Artichoke. This is a great color combination! I haven't shared any scrapbooking lately so I wanted to share a scrapbook page. This is my 15 year old daughter's "first day of school" pictures. She's given up fighting me on these type of pictures because she knows she won't win! I got the layout from http://www.pagemaps.com/ . Here is the sketch I used:





All stamps are SU! The paper is Artichoke, Guava and vanilla. Add primas and brads and that's it!






I made a card too for the color challenge. Still overjoyed at being chosen for the new CHF design
team so I wanted to use one of my CHF stamps for this challenge.


Stamps: SU's Print Patterns, CHF
Ink: black, guava, artichoke, sky blue
paper: artichoke, white, guava
Accessories: cuttlebug, brads

8 comments:

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Cute scrapbook page. I know what you mean. My daugher who is 13 rolls her eyes every year at the "first day picture". This year, she said you know if you want to take THAT picture you do every year, youbetter do it now, cause I want to get to the bus stop early"...Ahh kids...Love your blog. Chris

Alhambra Club said...

great page, your daughter is very pretty, love the card you made. She will appreciate all these wonderful pages in the future, might be sometime in the future but the day will come.

Etha said...

Great card, I love that stamp!! Yes those do go well together! And very cute daughter of yours, keep snapping pictures :)

Dottie K. said...

Wow great scrapbook page. Love the colors and that layout. :)

Rochelle W said...

Great scrapbook page. Awesome card!! I love everything about it. I love the colors and all the different textures you have going on there.

Michele Kovack said...

Love this LO! Congrats on the DT for Cornish!

Unknown said...

Nice page Kristine - the colors and stamps are a great choice! Your daughter looks like you!! :)

Mesha2TheMax said...

Wow, Kristine.
Your daughter looks just like you did in high school. It's remarkable! Are you going to sew a crayon costume this halloween for her as well?

Your work is brilliant. You've always been creative and crafty. We'll have to do some stamping together some time. You're an inspiration and a leader once again!

Mesh~